Tumblr for marketing?

roland03

I hear a lot about Facebook and Twitter so, my question is this; has anyone used Tumblr in their marketing plan?

I read the statistics about Tumblr recently, while researching social media marketing because I like to stay apprised of statistics in terms of the size of these online communities and what their potential benefits might be.

According to Tumblr; There are currently 102 million Tumblr blogs with
44.6 billion posts having been published on Tumblr.

They apparently attract over 29 million unique visitors. How would you use this Social Network or incorporate it into your marketing plan? I find the idea tempting considering that you can post pictures, posts and video. The possibilities seem endless and yet I am concerned about the age group finding specific Niche's more popular than others.

What are your thoughts?

stevenj

I like Tumblr as it is a mixture between a blogging platform and social media site which makes creating content that can be shared, commented on and followed easy.

Reasons to use Tumblr:

1. Unlike many social media platforms, Tumblr pages are dofollow so when someone reblogs your content a dofollow backline is created. If you include a link in your post then both your Tumblr and website link will get a backlink. This will inprove your SEO.

2. You can create micro site that send traffic to your main website.

3. If you follow the philospphy of "Market Everywhere" then being on Tumblr is another place you can reach your audience.

midasBalaa

midasBalaa
This is definitely the reason I use Tumblr. Besides unlike other blogging platforms where lengthier posts are always good, with tumblr you can go with images and a few words here and there. I really love it.

Nature

I heard very positive review about Tumblr from my friend. But I never tried it out practically. But I am thinking to add Tumblr in my next marketing campaign. :)

Alawi

Tumblr is really popular and it is recommended to use this patform as your medium to reach your users in the web.

AmanBansal

Do you know why Yahoo valued Tumblr at such a high price point? It’s because Tumblr attracts tons of eyeballs.

With over 300 million unique visitors a month going to Tumblr, you have no choice but to leverage the platform. Not only is its traffic growing at a rate of 74% a year, but over 65% of its users have a college degree and have discretionary income.

melisata

I hear a lot about Facebook and Twitter so, my question is this; has anyone used Tumblr in their marketing plan?

I read the statistics about Tumblr recently, while researching social media marketing because I like to stay apprised of statistics in terms of the size of these online communities and what their potential benefits might be.

According to Tumblr; There are currently 102 million Tumblr blogs with
44.6 billion posts having been published on Tumblr.

They apparently attract over 29 million unique visitors. How would you use this Social Network or incorporate it into your marketing plan? I find the idea tempting considering that you can post pictures, posts and video. The possibilities seem endless and yet I am concerned about the age group finding specific Niche's more popular than others.

What are your thoughts?
I am curious with this as well.
I have heard of Tumblr before. But not often.

I like Tumblr as it is a mixture between a blogging platform and social media site which makes creating content that can be shared, commented on and followed easy.

Reasons to use Tumblr:

1. Unlike many social media platforms, Tumblr pages are dofollow so when someone reblogs your content a dofollow backline is created. If you include a link in your post then both your Tumblr and website link will get a backlink. This will inprove your SEO.

2. You can create micro site that send traffic to your main website.

3. If you follow the philospphy of "Market Everywhere" then being on Tumblr is another place you can reach your audience.
stevenj, you seems to have success with Tumblr. Can tell us more on how you use Tumblr. Or any books out there to tell us how to use Tumblr effectively?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.