Hiding IP - Is it good for Internet Marketing

fromrachel

I have noticed that people use proxy and hide their IP. But is this really good for Internet marketing. What are the benefits and the drawbacks?

KristinaRoy

Hiding IP is neither good for internet marketing nor for any other activity. If you hide your IP address means you are doing something wrong and therefore don't want to show your IP.

HostAwesome

TBH, I don't think it would matter much since I don't believe most people would go and check that.

NicholasK

Hiding your IP does not matters in Search Engine Optimization, most of the IPs you are using to hide your real IP are listed as spammy IPs, That's why I recommend you not to use those IPs.

Katmacq

Ya blocking IP address was good. So, that we can avoid some unwanted problems and its very good for internet Marketing.

Katmacq

Ya blocking IP address was good. So, that we can avoid some unwanted problems and its very good for internet Marketing. We can avoid so many problems by Hiding IP Addresses.

pramod

Hi,

I have noticed that people use proxy and hide their IP. But is this really good for Internet marketing. What are the benefits and the drawbacks?
Using Proxy Server can have the following benefits:

1. Can get access if the website is blocked from other countries. (say, if you are in Canada, and the Website only allows visitors from US, then change the IP location to US, thus you get access to the Website & you can post your link)
2. You can hide your original IP, thus your IP is secured.

While it also has certain drawbacks:

Specially in some locations (schools, colleges, institutions, government offices), where the user is blocked for certain sites, using proxy server he/she can access the blocked sites (offensive materials)

BlaZe

I don't think it would really matter. Why are you bothered about hiding your IP in the first place ?

walker.king89

Hiding Ip is not the Good for business. But, some business owners use this strategies for increasing the website traffic and earning by the cpc and cpm. This have also many feature and also have drawbacks.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.