Freelance Writers: Do you often ask for upfront payments?

Freelance writers have to make a mark for themselves before asking for payment. Create a demand and then ask for the payment. You will be better paid.

You can create a fan following by guest blogging. This is another way to create a demand. Be sure to have a blog or so for your fans to contact you with work.

Check out the blog section of TechWyse Internet Marketing Company, Toronto for more details.

aixporter

That's right, freelance writers with established reputation receive 50% of payment at contract and the remainder upon completion.

Julzwriter

I normally ask for upfront payments. I tell my clients why I take 100% payment first before working on articles. I have a writer's website so that clients trust that I will deliver and not dissappear with their money. I got scammed when I agreed to work for some clients who never paid after I had delivered the articles.

I only agree to take payments later when I work with an article writing service I trust.

Alternatively, I use an escrow service so that both I and the client are comfortable with the arrangement. I know I will get paid when I deliver the completed work and the client only pays when project has been delivered.

Holly Nicole

If I was a freelancer I would ask for 50% upfront as aixporter said. The reason being is they can easily say they are going to pay you after and then after your done writing revoke access and not pay you. With getting half upfront you know that your getting some money and then once completed you get the remainder of the fee you charge

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.