Android or Windows Phone?

Nemanja

Premium Member
I'm using Android for my phone but I tried windows phone and realizing that it's more good functions and useful for users.

So just want to know which is suitable for you. Android or Windows Phone?

Please share your thoughts and why you choose it for your phone system?

thanks in advanced!

Pandora Blake

It depends for which purpose you are using your smartphones, for apps downloders Windows phone is just crap and for graphic lovers Windows Phone is awesom.

NaturalWriter

Once upon a time, I there was a girl who didn't believe in upgrading her phone. She wanted to hold on to her precious little 7yr old Nokia A1-something or other because that was what she was use to. It was such a good phone. It flipped, it took pictures, and it texted... Though she had to press each button several times to get the letter she wanted, she absolutely loved it.

This person was so adamant about NOT getting a new phone, that she would defend it every chance she had, as MANY people would make fun of her "ancient" phone, thinking that she DESPERATELY needed an upgrade. This phone had over lived it's life, as it was cracked, the antenna was pretty well broken, and the little light thingy kept falling out... But she loved her phone.... She didn't need anything fancy, she didn't need the internet on a phone! Who does that? You can get the internet at home! Pppbbbtttt!!

Then the day of tragedy struck while she was sick on rainy afternoon!! The tired, green looking girl was heading for the fridge for some ginger-ale... The phone rang... As she flipped it open, with the bottle of pop in her hand, her phone had plummeted to the floor, smashing it in half with little bits everywhere on the floor. She stood stunned for a few moments, just staring at the floor in disbelief.

Placing the pop bottle gently on the table, she crouches down to pick up the bits, and the two halves. She tries to piece the phone back together, but she realized it was no use... Saddened by the loss, and with not have any phone now, she immediately went to pick out a new phone.

Seeing all the possibilities made her sick, because she didn't want a new phone... She wanted her old one. The girl explained everything to service provider, and when they seen the broken phone, even they chuckled over how old it was.

The representative had shown her all the different phones with the latest technology, and how easy it was to use them. Being reluctant about these phones, the worker was very good and worked with her for an hour, before she finally picked one that she felt semi-comfortable with.

She picked the Samsung Android. Not being familiar with it, she was hesitant about it... But she was very quick to pick up on everything. Figuring out how to set the contacts, taking pictures, videos, AND..... Using the internet...

Almost a year later, now she loves this phone, and defends it to the letter.

I won't be purchasing another phone for quite sometime! I love my Android!

nolimanalo20

nolimanalo20

Nice story though. I don't have much experience with a windows phone. Since I had my first smartphone, I'm into android. I've used an iphone but I think between the two, I'd choose android. It is more user friendly. I love how shortcut and other features are made and placed. Given the limited experience I had with Windows on smartphones, I'd still choose android. I works on a wider variety of phone brands making it more use friendly and more accessible for other device compatibility.

Warren76

I love my Android; Android phones ROCK! :)

Warren76

But educate me here, I thought Android phones are Windows phones are piratically the same; since both run the Windows operating system?

NicholasK

It depends if you need just a phone with some necessary applications Windows phone would be the best choice for you, If you planned to use your phone as MP3 and Gaming Consul then you should buy Android Phone as Lots of free applications available..

Dexsmart

It depends on what you love more. There are people loving more androids on certain markets than iOS. At the end you will decide what to buy!

walker.king89

According to me Both the Operating system is best for mobiles and bet of features are provided by these phones. But, the one thing is notable Android phone have more need more resource to run and Window have low. windows phone have long battery life were Android have less.

ElixantTechnology

Not just any old android, I've always been a strong supporter of the Nexus line. I switched from Blackberry to the Galaxy Nexus, and it was a flop (sorry Samsung). When the LG Nexus 4 came out, I was first in line to buy one and I never had such a great experience with a smartphone before then (I had owned a Galaxy Ace, a Galaxy Ace II X, Galaxy S Captivate and an SII but each and every Samsung product I've owned has been horrible). Going onwards for the last year I've been on the Nexus 5 and with the recent update... Wow.

I heard that with the Nexus 6, on 15 minutes of charge time you'll get 8 hours of battery life.... That's insane, and I can't wait to witness this first hand.

In the end.... Android, and nothing else.

But educate me here, I thought Android phones are Windows phones are piratically the same; since both run the Windows operating system?
Sorry, editing my post to include the above quote... How could you!!! Android and Windows are the complete opposite. Android is based off of Debian just as Ubuntu is, it is built by Google and is open source. Windows phones have a great deal of restrictions... By rooting my Android device I am able to access the linux console. From there I install and configure SSH and guess what... My phone is now a linux box that I can SSH into just as I can with the servers that my business runs on.

In fact, I have an android device with Ubuntu installed on it that sits in my office, I use this to test out scripts before pushing them to a live environment. When not near a computer, and an emergency takes place on programming for one of the websites that I manage, I grab my phone and use the PHP editor or utilize the SSH terminal to make changes.

No, Android is not Windows. Tell me another smart device that you can do all of these things on.

DPrat

Any mobile phone with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop is better compared to Windows phone. I am saying this because, Google have solved the battery issue in this new version of Android OS and Android have Apps for each and every person.

dandeedo

It depends on the user actually. Some find iPhone useful some find android useful. I used Samsung smart phone and I like some functionality like sharing images, videos from one device to another, saving contacts and syncing with Google, etc. But I am using iPhone now and I must say it's awesome though it doesn't allow to share images, videos with other devices and need to have special country code while saving contacts to see the name of the caller instead of numbers (name of the person who is calling). It never hang up that's the strongest point of this iPhone. So yeah I love it.

chikki

It depends upon on your choice i like android smartphone and windows phone has less apps and games than android

sarsino

I prefer android phone over the windows phone. I'm enjoying lots of apps available through google play store. what i really like is most of the apps for android are free and i find many useful and entertaining apps on playstore. Though the risk is much higher on android phone since most apps available are not licensed and not protected.

BelindaMT

Pandora Blake,
Absolutely right. Although android and windows have both gone numerous makeovers but still I prefer to use androids it's really recommended for apps. Though there are still reasons to love using windows phone like the live tiles and customization is quite helpful because from the home screen you can overview your emails and and you can easily use Outook, Office and universal apps in windows phone.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.