Difference between Domain Authority(DA) and PageRank?

fromrachel

hi there,

can you show me what is the difference between Domain Authority(DA) và PageRank?
and in your point of view, which is more important for a website?

waiting for your ideas

KristinaRoy

Domain Authority or DA is a Moz's ranking factor which shows how a website will perform in SERP in future. Moz uses more than 40 signals to calculate it. Maximum DA point is 100.

PageRank is a rank which is given by Google to particular websites and webpages. Google uses an algorithm to give PR to web pages. Maximum point in page rank in 10.

Reactions: bob

Mike Brean

Mike Brean
Domain Authority is important in Google keyword ranking factor. It is calculated from domain age, domain name, keyword pharse in domain, domain name length,page rank also.

Page rank is calculated from internal links, outbound links, inbound links, no of inbound links, content and more. Page rank means importance of web page.

Dexsmart

I would value DA. Now Domain Authority is related to G+ Authorship = Ranks

Dexsmart

G+ Authorship = Good work + Satisfied clients + Good reviews = Good Ranks Finally !

RH-Calvin

Domain Authority is the trust that a website has in search engines. It also defines popularity of the website just as a Page Rank. Both are different measuring units for the trustworthiness of the website in search engines.

Pragyan

Domain Authority is factor that Moz calculates based on different linking signal,
while Pagerank is a factor that is given by Google based on authority sites linking to a site..

themajor

Webmasters have always been infatuated with Google PageRank and Domain Authority.
It has been a long debated topic while buying/selling a website, looking for Guest post services and many such aspects which influence SEO and keyword rankings.

So how closely are these two things related to a legitimate domain? Is it true that a good domain must have high PR and DA? Some websites have huge traffic and income but the PageRank is zero, why is this? Who can be trusted more – DA or PA?

So what should you consider to evaluate a website?

Currently this quarter Google skipped PR update. PageRank is important but Google seems to be losing interest in it for long. So it is of no use looking at a website PR for its valuation anymore. Domain Authority is the correct metric for evaluation a website. Higher the Domain Authority better is the website quality and rankings.

So the next time you look for a Guest post or discuss the same with SEO professionals or rookies, tell them it’s time to move on from the PR infatuation to practical Domain Authority values. Sites with good DA are bound to have good PR in the next update. It’s just that sometimes DA takes more time to climb up for a website. But once it does the website speaks for itself. Good luck.

vaneetagoswami

Nice information and comparison between Domain Authority and Page-rank. But can you tell me how may I increase the Domain Authority of my site???

Blacknorth

Domain Authority is calculated on the basis of the whole domain while page rank is calculated on the number of incoming links and outgoing links from a particular website or web page. As compared to PR now DA is preferred more.

sanusense

The more you create backlinks from authority sites either follow or nofollow sites. It will increase your domain authority.
Page Rank doesn't means a lot these days.

ketul

Same question in my mind but after read thread, it is clear. More DA is more better for your domain trustworthy on SE.
My current DA is 36, before 15 days it is 35. :yahoo:

Alawi

I would prefer page rank rather than domain authority. High page rank is a good signal that your website is reputable and gained trust from the visitors. I think it is the most important and it also shows that your site is popular as well as recommended in related sites.

vipshush1

Two measurements of a site are often thrown around as important metrics for your site to work on improving. One of these is the Google-created and measured PageRank. The other is the third-party Moz creation, Domain Authority.

marclewis

A site with higher quality incoming links in a higher number will have a better PR. DA is a logarithmic calculation of the authority of the website calculated using a wider range of metrics including page rank, number of incoming links and other metrics.

drdialeruk

Page rank (PR) is an algorithm created by google founder larry page. and Domain authority is a metric created by moz as a more accurate and indication of the value of a website.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.