I am surprised to see the rollback of Google's new authorship algorithm

hoangvu

loL I don't know this happened when? I have a google+ page with decent followers, my site decreased a bit traffic in these day, by this authorship algorithm?

Can you give more details about Google's new authorship algorithm?

Knightrider

This is a set back for those authors who have their post in bottom half of first page.

NicholasM

Most of the times an images come with each search query about author of pages.. This always looks very unprofessional and irritating, I think so that's why Google is now removing authorship from Search results. Don't worry about the rankings of your pages as it will remain same this is just a visual update of search results not algorithmic change of SERP.

LanceBachmann

You know more about this by John Mueller updated on this Google+

I’ve been involved since we first started testing authorship markup and displaying it in search results. We've gotten lots of useful feedback from all kinds of webmasters and users, and we've tweaked, updated, and honed recognition and displaying of authorship information. Unfortunately, we've also observed that this information isnt as useful to our users as we’d hoped, and can even distract from those results. With this in mind, we've made the difficult decision to stop showing authorship in search results.

More - https://plus.google.com/+JohnMueller/posts/HZf3KDP1Dm8

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.