Does Web hosting review site really influence decision of a webmaster?

I would say yes. Top 10 review sites don't really have a good name as many are simply ranking the highest paying the #1 spot though any website where users can 'trust' the legitimacy then I think it would result in conversions.

After all, numerous studies have made reviews and ratings a top influence when deciding to purchase.

web3k

For more savvy hosting seekers, I think they seek advice and reviews of forums these days - an easy way to get a number of current reviews quickly.

For less savvy hosters, review sites till have a place in the market

Knightrider

I don't believe in forum reviews. Not much people are ready to reply to the same repeated question "which is the best web hosting?" . People have to depend on the older threads to get the real reviews, but those reviews will be an outdated one. For current reviews, I think hosting review site is better.

ironcladservers

I personally think reviews on forums much, much more effective than a review site itself, especially when the posts come from a reputed member of that forum. I say this because then even negative reviews can turn positive depending how the host approaches/fixes a certain situation for a customer. So in effect you can get both sides of the story and/or see what the resolution was and whether or not its acceptable to you, IE if you were a customer of theirs.

On another note, I agree with previous statements that "top 10" sites are obviously biased and not going to show you any real information, and besides this, I think most people who are searching for hosting can tell fairly quickly that these types of sites are simply set up to be monetized via affiliate marketing, almost due to the sheer fact that they all look very similar and list all of the same companies (for the most part).

Knightrider

I think people should search In depth keywords rather than searching for top web hosting companies. It's true that affiliate payment does influence some web hosting reviewer to rank one hosting over the other. But nowadays all the web hosting provide almost similar payouts, so it doesn't matter actually who they promote, they are guaranteed to get paid. Since this is the case, top web hosting reviewer always try to provide honest reviews without showing any partiality.

Alex - A2Hosting
Review payouts can vary quite a lot actually. And you may not be aware but some may get top tier commissions to be listed at the top (So instead of getting the normal $50 per sale for 1 - 5 sales/m for example, they would get the top tier of $100+ regardless of sales per month just to be listed at the top).

tanveerhabib

Yes it helps for sure. And we must trust on the number of positive reviews about a web hosting company. So go for a web hosting company having more positive reviews.

prolimehost

definitely yes, though these days website take money and put your site in top 10 list but still there are few players around who are very geniun and people still check there before buying servers

gotkloud

In short, yes. Many hosting sites offer good value comparisons of services offered. They allow hosting companies like ourselves to continue offering the highest levels of services as it keeps us committed to the cutting edge of offers and services being offered out there.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.