With or Without a Control Panel for VPS?

Maxwell

Hello,

I'm new to VPS hosting and I don't know for a VPS, with a Control Panel or without Control Panel for a VPS is better?
Please give me any advice to tips to understand the problem I am getting :rolleyes2:

thanks in advanced!

BlaZe

If you know how the UNIX systems work then there should be no problem to manage your VPS without a control panel.

If you are a beginner then I would suggest you go for a Control Panel.

I recommend you to use a Control Panel for your VPS. Please be careful which panel do you want to install because it could use much resources. There are lots of free panels like zPanel, Webmin etc. but you can also install cPanel or other which is paid.

sectech9

If you have good command for linux than not need to buy any kind's of panel you will manage all thing via shell

ChadTrejo

If you are unfamiliar with managing a Linux web server, and you are going to be using your VPS in a production environment, I strongly urge you to use a VPS with a control panel. Without it you can't control your overall system.

whsd

If you have no experience then go with cpanel vps and if you have experienced about 3 to 4 years you may go without

bestellen

Control Panel helps you to manage servers easier. I recommend you ISPConfig is a multilingual control panel that can manage every hosting related service (web, database, DNS, e-mail, ftp, stats).

buzybee-kevin

The only reason to go with out a control panel is budget. It makes an experienced admins life easier and a beginners learning curve much less steep.

KingServers01

If you are a Linux expert then you do not have the need for control panel. But in case you do not have any ideas about how to fire commands then it is worth to consider control panel.

Euservr

If you have little knowledge about linux then it will be easy for you to manage your vps without any control panel.

Hostname.club

I highly recommend cPanel for best experience while Directadmin is good for best performance. No control panel? Try some custom script from some vps board which includes some great features like nginx, add domain more than a standard OS like CentOS 6.x :(

ElixantTechnology

If you've got no experience with Linux/VPS I would recommend you go with an inclusive managed solution that includes a Control Panel. However, if cost is the issue, pick up DirectAdmin as it is a little bit on the cheaper side, but quite simplified in itself. Might I ask why you've decided to start using a VPS? Are you sure that it is necessary? I recommend you take a crash corse on Linux before doing anything.

King-Servers

If you are a novice, I would recommend you to consider WHM/cPanel control panel, it is most easy and intuitive control panel to manage hosting account.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.