Which free control panels should I install for VPS?

Maxwell

Hi there,

have you ever install a control panel for your VPS? I'm trying to learn to manage a VPS and I'm trying to install a free control panel for it( I'm not ready for paid control panel versions) thus I'm looking for some free versions to setup. I heard about zPanel, Webmin, and some others..etc

which should I go with to setup for a vps is better and what is your recommendation
Thanks

Knightrider

Which is your hosting? Most hosting comes with free control panel. I am not quite familiar with VPS. I heard that WHM control panel does a very good job.

Maxwell

Maxwell
I bought a VPS for 2 months for testing functions, I also new to VPS but when studied about it, it's not too difficult to manage and installing as people said.

BlaZe

If you are looking for a free solution then install Kloxo or Webmin

If you can shell out some cash then cPanel will be the best option.

You can install zPanel or Vesta Panel as well.

ironcladservers

I'd probably suggest you stick with Webmin in this case, it's got a small footprint and you can use it well on a low-resource VPS. It also has a lot of features to manage certain things which will be good for a beginner, although it's not one of the most elaborate control panels it will help you get started.

Maxwell

@ironcladservers I heard about Webmin, It's stable and no more errors when using on a vps?
and what features/functions it lacks when comparing to Cpanel?
please advice me :)

ironcladservers

ironcladservers
Lots! Unfortunately way too many for me to start listing here. But that is the difference to expect when comparing it to a much more elaborate paid product.

They are both providing a different kind of product also so not really comparable in terms of what they do. There's also Virtualmin but I've not personally tried it.

Vesta Panel consumes less RAM.

Reactions: Maxwell

Maxwell

Maxwell
If I install Webmin, Zpanel or Vesta panel then I need to intall apache, php, mysql..for my vps any more?
Or they included all functions/features that I need for a web hosting on VPS.

tanveerhabib

Don't know why people go for a free panel as it has less features, less support from the provider and is less secured compared to paid panels like cpanel or parallel plesk. Any way you can go for zpanel as the are better compared to other free panels.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.