Which is the best program to do editing on CSS or HTML

cindy

Hi

Which is the best program to do editing on CSS or HTML? At present I use notepad++ which is pretty good. I even tried TopStyle, which used to I liked the it finishes tags and displays the effects of code immediately, same as Dreamweaver but its so chunky and theres too much going on.

So suggest me if there is another which you use.

Thanks in advance

Tommy

I sure you knew codes and programming so you are using notepad++, I'm using Dreamweaver, Emeditior, Notepad++, I used all and usually to switch to suitable program in any cases that its functions help me solve problems on codes that need program's functions :D

australianlogos

I use notepad++ these days before I use dreamweaver and I guess both good for codings.

pstefanov

Before I also use Notepad++ , now use EditPlus - it have integrated webview, and the other functions for code editor.

abhi_garg

All Depends on a user that what He like & which one is comfortable for him ! I'm have been using Notepad++ for long time & It's too much comfortable for me !

deep86

Great!!! Notepad++ and Edit plus are new for me. After Dreamweaver, I was using, Blue Griffon. But it does not have integrated view.

Ric

It depends on your own choice. I’m using Dreamweaver since long time & I’m very much comfortable
with it. There are many other editors like: Pspad, Notepad++ or Notepad etc.

edwardkenway

In internet generation you can find out humongous amount of programming software, but it is very difficult to choose which is best. Basically it depends on which one is comfortable for you. but some application that can really works great such as:

Aptana studio--> and it is available for 3 different OS win+mac+linux
slickedit--> here is the same situation available for all os
jedit--> this is also available for 3 OS and it's free :)
notepad++--> completely free but it is only for Windows
screem--> it is only for linux :( but it's free

there are some softwares that might be and slightly can solve your question.

Monga

There are a couple of good code editors out there: Brackets, Atom, Sublime Text, Notepad ++ and others.

I would suggest to use a couple of them and choose the one you like most.

wrcato2

I started out using notepad (basic) and then frontpage. I haven't tried Dream weaver because of the cost. Right now I use MS elements. i can switch from the face editor to code pretty easy. It works well with style sheets. I edited my Blogger XML file using it.
I'll have to test out notepad++.

linconcley

For webdesign these css and html is really needed. there are lots of editors which can be very effective:

*codepad
*Editorpspad
*Stylizer- Real time CSS editing
*Rapid Css editor
*Xyle scope etc.

bijutoha

It is good and simple to use Notepad++. On the other side, I feel Atom because of its Plugins, But I saw a bit drowsy when I'm going to use it.

geek

My tip for the Notepad++ users: if you use it for HTML editing, go to Plugin Manager and install the "HTML Tag" plugin:
This plug-in provides three core functions to Notepad++:
- HTML and XML tag jumping, like the built-in brace matching (Ctrl+B / Shift+Ctrl+B), and selection
of tags and/or contents.
- HTML entity encoding/decoding (example: é to é)
- JS character encoding/decoding (example: é to \u00E9)

itarachiu

I feel common about Notepad++ Even though there are some competitive products such as Text Pad, Edit Pad Lite, Ultra Edit, Crimson Editor etc.
The best thing about notepad++ is because is free but I find adobe dreamweaver much better than everything I tried but is not free.

Hugo E.

From my beginning experience, both are perfect for designing a web, but the biggest difference between them is Dreamweaver usually a huge/deep place to generate code for me, contrariwise, features in a program like Notepad++ try to making writing code as easy as possible. However, you could try both to choose the right one.
A note if you use Dreamweaver to design websites is, it can generate unwanted codes when you use its tools and you need to recheck codes when working with this program.

ismailix

I think it's best that Mozilla Firefox is the web developer editor. you can easily reach the F11. you can intervene and change completely instantly. I advise

Vini

Notepad++ is good for programming and designing purpose. Though if you are a dedicated designer I recommend for Dreamweaver. If you dont have much budget Go for Notepad++

RyanChapman

At the first time, I have used Notepad+ +. It was really good. But, I will suggest you use Netbeans IDE.

NetBeans IDE lets you quickly and easily develop Java desktop, mobile, and web applications, as well as HTML5 applications with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. The IDE also provides a great set of tools for PHP and C/C++ developers. It is free and open source and has a large community of users and developers around the world.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.