• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

What do you think about e-commerce ?

E-commerce is the buying and selling of goods and services, and the transfer of funds, over the internet using credit cards, debit cards, or checking accounts.
    is E-commerce important for online business ?
    Any comments ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I think that Today business market are fully depends on internet that's called eCommerce

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    E-commerce is a system of buying and selling different kinds of services or products through electronic medium like Internet. Now a days, it is known to be the sales aspect of e-business so, it is extremely needed for online business.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    E-commerce has revolutionized the world in a way that was never before mainly due to the fact that people who cannot afford to spare some time out of their work can make use of e-commerce to buy things online.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    We use a term, commerce in a traditional form of business, while ecommerce is its online version, each transactions process over the electronic devices/internet, called eCommerce. Payment isn't the only thing that differentiate two forms of business offline and online. There are certain other things, like shopping cart, and product management are considered a more attentive areas.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Ecommerce the new trend to grow up your business world wide. It is better strategy followed now a days.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    eCommerece is a growing industry and if you have always thought of establishing your online store, this is the best time to do so. As an eCommerce website owner, it is crucial to make sure that the website is supported with an efficient web hosting platform so that the possibilities of having a downtime is reduced. Also, the online transactions should be secured and fast. An SSL certificate should be installed on the website so that the customer information is secure and people trust your brand for online shopping.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    eCommerce means buying and selling of product over internet.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    My personal opinion: e - commerce means "save time". yes it saves lot of time

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    e-commerce refers to businesses and consumers buying and selling products online. The majority of e-commerce websites on the internet are retail.
    Last edited by michealaustin1; 05-28-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Thanks
    E-commerce has been growing rapidly over the years. I mean even supermarkets are trying to enter the e-commerce market because it is such a large market. It is extremely important for businesses because they can increase their potential customer base and it can also result in increased revenues and profits. If a business decides that they want to go fully online and not have physical stores, it can end up saving money because of reduced costs of not having to pay rent for stores etc.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 51/1
    Given: 38/0
    Thanks
    E-commerce is 100% important for any online business. E-commerce stands for ANY type of transaction that goes across the internet. So, it really covers such a large range of different businesses... it can be used for many types of products, retail shops and more. I really believe that e-commerce is the way of the future and that's why every business that wants to stay relevant has to start using its benefits and advantages.

E-commerce has many good things and that's why it has become so ''hot'' and that's why people love using it and shop over the internet.

For example; Why go to a physical store, take 2 hours to find the item, then wait in line for 2 hours more to pay? you don't need to. You can simply find a business that has implemented e-commerce. You can shop fast, easy, no lines, no queues and no having to go anywhere. You can type what you are looking for in the search bar and tada! Extremely convenient.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown For This Useful Post:
    premiumproxies (08-08-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    eCommerce has a sinister side. I mean, it's not a victory for everyone. Note that many malls across the US have literally shut down, maybe a third or half - all due to competition from online businesses, and possibly Wal-Mart. Note, at one time, malls were the main street of America, replacing the actual main street which was the big scene in the 1950s etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post

For example; Why go to a physical store, take 2 hours to find the item, then wait in line for 2 hours more to pay? you don't need to. You can simply find a business that has implemented e-commerce. You can shop fast, easy, no lines, no queues and no having to go anywhere. You can type what you are looking for in the search bar and tada! Extremely convenient.
    Exactly, but as I was saying, it takes away a lot of offline jobs. Unless, of course, similar new ones are created with eCommerce.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    The internet is literally full of e-commerce sites that are vying for your spendable dollars. I am not alone when I say I love to shop online, avoid the crowds, not worry about parking, no travel time, etc. Last year I bought all my Christmas presents online and directly shipped the ones that needed to go to the recipients. It was wonderful! I enjoyed Christmas shopping like never before. I don't think that e-commerce will ever go away now that it is in full swing. Be big companies are trying to out do each other on volume like never before. Watch out Amazon, Walmart is on your tail!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leeannhargrave For This Useful Post:
    premiumproxies (08-08-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    In my opinion, e-commerce is the future of conducting an efficient and speedy transaction. I think e-commerce as a whole has majorly developed over the past 10 years. People seem to trust the principle of e-commerce more. If you ask me, the only industry that really suffers from electronic commerce is retail. The act of going to a store and buying products are becoming obsolete. I think certain aspects of consumerism within retail will always be around. However, with the improvement of technology as well as increased number of daily transactions over the internet, e-commerce is becoming a common thing more and more.

From a business owners perspective, I recommend e-commerce for your startup business. Not only is having a brick and mortar storefront old-fashioned. It limits your potential international clientele. Because of this, having a website along with an integrated e-commerce page is essential in growing and expanding your product/service.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Thanks
    I think e-commerce is great, and that is what I am here to do. I am researching new and inventive ways to sell and market my own goods and services online. I also already use things like bitcoin and paypal to conduct commerce, and I love the efficiency and immediacy of such practices and transactions. E-Commerce allows me to conduct my business from home, and that is an invaluable thing for me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    E-commerce is the future. The digital revolution that we're seeing today has made it easier for people and businesses to trade with one another. Today, many start-ups are getting started online.

And of course, the corporations that took advantage of e-commerce during its infancy are making a huge profit. Amazon and Alibaba are generating huge revenues.

Who knows, maybe one day everyone will trade through e-commerce.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    E-commerce is the buying and selling of goods and services, and the transfer of funds, over the internet using credit cards, debit cards, or checking accounts.
    is E-commerce important for online business ?
    Any comments ?
    Technology is changing fast and getting better than ever. This led to changing consumer lifestyles, preferences, demands, etc. , thus affecting the way we do business as well.

E-commerce has transformed how people buy and sell online. It offers convenient way of shopping, fast searching and comparison of products/services which benefit busy people and those living in areas far away from the retail shops or looking for products not available in their area. It paves way for easy access to food, travel and accommodation, health products, electronic/digital products, almost everything we need or want.

E-commerce offers a venue for entrepreneurs to sell their products and/or services whereas physically, it is almost impossible to compete against the major retail players or industries dominated by large enterprises with the investment and marketing machineries. Some individuals even make money by simply promoting the products.

Amazon is one true testament of success in the e-commerce business. Realizing the significance contributed by online business, major retail /wholesaling companies have also joined the bandwagon selling online as well.

E-commerce can reach customers all over the world. It is simpler and more cost effective to operate than maintaining a physical store or warehouse. Everything is done online, from order processing, scheduling for delivery and payment. Emphasis is on customer service, experiencing delightful shopping. Also, there is a perceived notion that when you shop online, products are cheaper due to aggressive marketing strategies employed like promo discounts, loyalty rewards, free or flat-rate shipping, and other perks.

I see the growth of e-commerce as more and more consumers shift to convenient shopping. It offers an alternative choice on how to buy wisely at the time you needed it the most. Physical shopping will never die as shopping malls have continued to evolve into a complete entertainment or destination center.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    the popularity of ecommerce continous to grow and shows no sign of slowing down,nowadays,ecommerce is growing faster which inspire me get involve in ecommerce business,I am really looking forward for that, another one thing is that the use of internet for shopping has increased. with this increase ,I think it is good way to make money,ecommerce is important for those seller who wants to increase their number of customer and sales.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Everything revolves basically in the Internet nowadays, including ECommerce. Name it all, Internet Banking, Online Auctions, Electronic Payments, Online Ticketing and the most common and most known example of Ecommerce is Online Shopping. In my case, here in the Philippines, Lazada is an online website selling anything you are looking for in the Market. I, for myself is one of the customers in Lazada and sometimes prefer using it since I can find products which are cheaper in the market not only its not hassle for me, I also have the power to choose what type of payment I can make. In other words, Convenience for the customers is what they can market.
    Another example is Internet Banking, I also use this type of payment with my bills... And, again it provides Convenience since you don't need to fall in line with looong lines at the bank just to pay your bills. With just one click, its all done.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    I think you already answered your question when you know already that e-commerce is the buying and selling, transfer of funds over the internet. Well, that is the importance of e-commerce. Maybe I will focus on your question about what I think of e-commerce. I think the advantage of ecommerce, it's makes our life more easier, more convenience in shopping, give us another chance or another way to earn and make us feel that we are in to this new trend.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 5/2
    Thanks
    E-Commerce can be defined as a modern business methodology that addresses the needs of organizations, merchants, and consumers to cut costs while improving the quality of goods and services and increasing the speed of service delivery.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes, I think running your online business with out e-commerce would make your work a lot harder. If you're going handle all of your services on your own or with your team alone you would probably have a hard time. You would really want to rely some of your tasks to the services offered in e-commerce to make a lot more easier and to passively gain results. Even big companies nowadays hire/buy services and goods online to make their operations more easier and less expenses for them. Instead of hiring a couple of person to do it, it is a more cheaper if they pay or buy online automated services to do the work for them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    I applaud E-commerce . I think it creates equal opportunity for everyone. It's the great equalizer. The world wide web is open to anyone and everybody. Unlike working offline where you sometimes have to know someone or even pay someone in certain countries to get work. Ecommerce is all about what you have to give, in terms of goods and services. E-commerce is about how you present yourself and the world is your playground.

Goods are sold around the world. Right now you can order goods from America, Germany, Indonesia and South Africa just to name a few. In my opinion, the benefits are numerous. It would be nice for studies to be conducted around the world to find out how many jobs E-commerce has created.I'll bet it's plenty!

Newer Threads

1. Nemanja
    shenminnmc
    Replies: 8 | Views: 2382
    Last post by shenminnmc, 06-14-2013, 06:15 AM
  2. Nemanja
    aixporter
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1564
    Last post by aixporter, 12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
  3. Nemanja
    rohanjain
    Replies: 11 | Views: 3373