Why do some people like programming?

Liliana

Hi friends, I don't know why more people like programming, I feel headache on codes when I must change or finding errors happened my blogs. Of course, I know a little about wordpress codes to edits simple parts/templates on my blogs but no more.

In your point of view, why do some people like programming and what about you? do you like it? :confused:

Reactions: jms

midasBalaa

With programming you can automate tasks which would take months. You also get to learn how some of the powerful web applications work. Take wordpress for example. Who knew PHP could be that influential and change so many lives. Coding is hard but if you get it then it is cool and also very lucrative.

diyaldin

The reason is very obvious they love technology and have a passion of programming.

ron13315

Yes I do some simple programming and it feels so good. I wonder how much happiness the professional programmer felt.

donaldmedina

Programming is a headache if you can't love it. People who love programming are in complete love with the codes. They know the right tactics, have complete knowledge of their domain, love coding and most importantly want to develop technologies that can create an impact on the world. To be a successful coder, you need to have passion for learning and implementing.

ElixantTechnology

Programming (now don't take this the wrong way) requires not only a special skillset, but a higher level of intelligence, understanding and focus. Now, like I said, don't take that the wrong way and I am not saying those that who aren't programmers aren't intelligent, I just mean the brain capacity alone required to properly do so is amazing. You need to not only be able to remember the language in it's entirety, but also be able to stay focused during the development stage. Next, you need to be a problem solver with a lot of patience.

I started programming when I was only 11 years old. In my lifespan, I have met in day to day interaction only a handful of programmers, each highly intellectual and excellent learners.

jessica89

Hi friends, I don't know why more people like programming, I feel headache on codes when I must change or finding errors happened my blogs. Of course, I know a little about wordpress codes to edits simple parts/templates on my blogs but no more.

In your point of view, why do some people like programming and what about you? do you like it? :confused:
Nothing feels better then coding a program and see the result which actually works ^^

The Overseer

De gustibus non est disputandum

About tastes, it must not be disputed.

Some people love programming.
Others do not.

Some people like weird kinds of sex.
Other do not.

MightWeb

For me, it's really all in the end-result. If I get a good idea, I usually can not shake it. I'll think about how I'd execute it, and once I have that laid out, I'll think about how I can optimize that. If I get through that entire thought process (which usually occurs during a normal day of work), then I never hesitate to do it. Programming is a form of art - and even if you can make a working application, you can always make it better, more effective and clean. That's the lure.

xbogdan

There are many reasons I enjoy programming. Once you get through the learning curve you'll find programming to be extreemly rewarding. For examlple, I recently built an application that increased a Fraud Departments efficiency by 50%. It's a good feeling to know you have made a contribution to your employer, and see the results of it. Hang in there it gets better. I remember learning C#. It was painful, but after I picked it up I really enjoy coding the language.

Hyuga

This question is like "Why people like to fix cars?" or "Why some people wants to become doctors?", etc. For me for example is a passion, when I first used the internet, I was more curious about how all those websites were created and I start learning to create websites by myself. Is a great feeling to know that you have created something from scratch or you have improved something. So, I guess is a thing of tastes.

prasila

Sometimes the earnings can make the difference. As far as I know, as a Java Senior Dev. you have serious income

Traffic Ablaze

I'm a programmer (Ruby and C# my main languages) but I don't love the code. I love the sense of control and creation. Outside of fiction writing and art coding gives you the control to take an idea and make it reality.

MrGravyCakes

I do not like programming because I am not good at it haha, but I can see why people do like it. If you are good at it or have the time to learn, you can make some really cool things that can really help people. The job market in the programming industry is vast and you will be wanted for a lot of things, so it is good in that respect too.

sharplesson

The very simple answer is, some likes skilled job and some likes easy job. Same thing applies here, if you are good in logical terms, then programming is the best part for you. Otherwise you can learn designing, because HTML, CSS is easy to learn.

never-sleep

Code Is Poetry as Wordpress used to say :)

There is a lot of satisfaction in coding something and seeing it live in front of you - its a very creative experience.

yayo

Well....i am a programmer, that didn't have anything to do with money, future job or even my study.
But i sort of like logic, and way it works first started with simple programming languages (such us HTML, VB) then progressed to harder things such as C, C++, C# and Java and i then at the final stage started programming with assembly language which is much harder, but after time you get used to it. so mainly when you see someone that's good at some programming aspect don't get neither terrified nor that much surprised as literally anyone can learn programming.
The most annoying thing in programmers life would be BUGS, but luckily there are communities out there such as DP, and stackoverflow that make programmers life much easier, and i even started a new Programmers Community Stopbyte please check it and let me know what you think!

PluginForage

Because of the challenge and the satisfaction of building stuff with code

michaeldlevy

You know I started doing some basic programming, mostly with Wordpress. A previous poster above stated:

Who knew PHP could be that influential and change so many lives.

I have to agree. I have taken it slow to really understand what the syntax is doing. It is funny how in the end, once you go through a line of code, you can sometimes put the pieces together and then the big picture sets in. The key is to start small and work your way up. I find it kind of fun to tackle little bits of code to know what it is doing.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.