How to find whatever files on Linux vps hosting?

Jovani

Hi there, are there any ways to find whatever files on Linux vps hosting, even I didn't know where it's located?

thanks in advanced!

hoangvu

Hi there, are there any ways to find whatever files on Linux vps hosting, even I didn't know where it's located?

thanks in advanced!
Normally, the web server or service installed on your server can use one configuration file management. Each service has a configuration file with a different path. If you do not remember where configuration files stored so where you must go to. Fortunately, Linux has a tool to help you easily find the file path that you are searching for.
For example, to search for the PHP configuration file, named php.ini , you would use the following command:
Code:
find / -name php.ini
For / which is the directory path you want to find (I used to use the root directory), the file name php.ini
Locate command has the same effect on more servers but not at all can use and you should give it a try:
Code:
locate php.ini
Hope it helps!

buzybee-kevin

Allot of time mlocate is not installed so locate will not work. So do this!

yum install mlocate

then run "updatedb" You should run this commanded to updated mlocate database. If you do not do this you may not be able to find the file you are looking for even if it is actually there. The reason this happens is the location of the file has not been updated in mlocates database.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.