How to make wordpress faster?

Shirley_Sharp

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems on my wordpress blog, it's becomming slowly and I don't know how it happened.
Perhaps I installed more plugins and my databases size is increasing?

Cany anyone give me any advice how to make wordpress faster?

thanks in advanced.

Alex Thompson

There are many ways to make a site that using WordPress become faster. Some of them require programming knowledge or you only follow my simple below to improve your wordpress blog faster. Don't let the speed be the cause to lose readers. :brokenhear:

1. optimize your homepage loads quickly:

Generally a clean and well-designed home page will help your site not only look better but also loads faster.

- Show excerpts rather than complete your articles on the first page.
- Reduce the number of articles on the front page.
- Remove unnecessary widgets from the first page.
- Remove all plugins that you don't use, and better to delete them completely.

2. Download and activate the WP Smush.it plugin

To WP Smush.it will optimize each image that you upload from now on since it was activated. Now with a single button you can compress all the pictures in your site.

3. Download and activate the plugin W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache is the so-called Caching plugin.

They are very good plugins and undertake the memorization of pages of WP as being static. In this way, minimize the load time for your webpage.

If you are an ordinary user with few knowledge prefer WP Super Cache since it is what simple in configuration, the W3 Total Cache is what complicated but maybe more effective.

All depend on you :D

Lawyered

You can also take advantage of CDNs (Content Delivery Networks), such as Cloudflare and Cloudfront.

Cloudflare has the benfit that it has a free option of boosting your website speed. All you have to do is register with them and point their nameservers to their designated addresses. Easy.

Mourrought

After you're done with Alexs' suggestion which are great by the way, you can test your site here and see where the slowdown is happening.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

It might be a script from a plugin or an image that is too big that needs to be optimized.

Hope it helps.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.