Facebook Page vs Facebook Group

Liliana

Hi friends,

I'm thinking of starting a group or a fan page on Facebook for promoting my websites and any services but I'm not sure which will be effective and more suitable for my clients?

what about you? which will you choose & why?

Thanks in advanced.

patricknguyen

You should understand what's the difference between Fanpage and Group.

Group focuses on a group of people who share the same hobby and sth like that.

Facebook will help you target more customer, and you can advertise Fanpage, it's impossible with group.

So, Fanpage will be good choice :D

numanshah2212

Fanpage is the top priority Since group only includes a limited number of members, and mostly members leave group if they keep seeing the posts that they are not interested in, so for me Fanpage is the Choice.

Nytshade

Why don't you try them both and come back tell us your results lol :D

But honestly, try them both. Groups work well in most niches but not all. But if I were to choose one I would go with a fan page because it's versatile, in terms of marketing strategies. There's a lot of ways to promote a fan page as compared to a group.

Liliana

Why don't you try them both and come back tell us your results lol :D

But honestly, try them both. Groups work well in most niches but not all. But if I were to choose one I would go with a fan page because it's versatile, in terms of marketing strategies. There's a lot of ways to promote a fan page as compared to a group.
Tried and Facebook fan page is more effective than FB groups, but for fan pages, I need more time and efforts to build audience first, it doesn't like fb groups.

There's a lot of ways to promote a fan page as compared to a group.
which ways are you mentioning here?

coffeediva

I have both facebook pages and Facebook groups.
If you have a fanpage you can use facebook ads to advertise products and boost your posts.
Ihave a group which I send all my subscribers to and I let them advertise their blogs but am very strict on the spam posts. If people start using autoposting software they are out. I also have a group that I use for my solo ad co ops. This works well as I can post one message and get fast responses instead of waiting for people to respond to emails.
So use a group for your people who you want to have ongoing contact with and use a fanpage for branding yourself and for using fanpage for advertising
Hope that helps
Jenelle

Johnson

Facebook Fan page is the best way for promoting your brand or product or resources.
Facebook " is a standout amongst the most well known long range social networking site, which has more than 750 billion dynamic clients far and wide. This is clearly essential to utilize this movement framework to run and extend their online business. A facebook fanpage is the main open page which will permit you to impart data about your organization, business, administrations and items with other Facebook clients.

There are some reason, why facebook is important:
Easy to create.
Drives traffic.
Better communication.
ANd last but not the last matter of the trust.

Content by Rhonda

From what I have seen the groups are a great way to trade ideas, talk, or even teach people, but the fan page would be better for advertising what you want to sell. As people have stated above, many people have both. For example, if people buy your products then let them be a part of your 'closed' group as a bonus. Many ways to go but you are certainly on the right track by asking instead of just blindly doing, and then wishing you hadn't.

Marx Melencio

Re: Here's What I'd Do

Liliana,

I for one'll do this 4-step process:

1. I'd convert first time viewers of my website into fans of my Facebook Fan page, and returning fans into viral social sharers of my onsite content -- I'd use paid advertising to drive targeted traffic to my website, and strategic video marketing tactics that I shared in THIS THREAD so as to do this...

2. I'd build my mailing list of subscribers by integrating Facebook retargeting code into the pages of my website -- This'd allow me to use Facebook ads so as to promote my incentivized opt-in offers in Facebook across people who have visited any page of my website -- My ads will be displayed to them while they're on Facebook...

3. I'd syndicate my opt-in copy and other onsite content materials in my Facebook Fan page, and boost those posts from time to time across my target audiences in Facebook -- This'd allow me to drive traffic to my Facebook Fan page, convert that traffic into fans and drive those fans to my website, in order to achieve my objectives in numbers 1 and 2 above...

4. I'd join Facebook groups with hundreds upon thousands of members who are most likely interested in my content and offers -- This'd allow me to participate and initiate relevant discussions in those Facebook groups, in order to share my most relevant Facebook Fan page posts that'd be most beneficial to the members of those Facebook groups -- This in turn would allow me to establish my reputation in those Facebook groups as a friendly niche expert, and would also allow me to drive those members to my Facebook Fan page, convert them into fans, drive them to my website, and achieve my objectives in numbers 1, 2 and 3 above...

That's it for now. Cheers! :)

Content by Rhonda

Marx, if this is working for you there might be a way you could help others while making some money for yourself. Have you thought of making a course with video tutorials to offer say from JVZoo or Warrior Forum? Many people are like me and need to see something done to understand it. It could be a watch over your shoulder type course. I love those types of videos. Great post and thanks for all the information.

Marx Melencio

Thanks! :)

Rhonda,

Thank you for your post. I'm completely blind. I learn (and teach) differently (and I'm more comfortable teaching in person); and

This is why I prefer to create software products that can more conveniently execute these things, and provide service offers for things that can only be performed manually. In my experience, it's more straightforward (and effective) to hire people (even remote contractors) who can do excellent how to guides and tutorials for these software products, and to teach in person trainors who in turn can train inhouse employees (also in person) in performing relevant manual tasks for clients... :)

Anyway...

FOR NUMBER 1 -- Converting first time viewers of your website into fans of your Facebook Fan page and returning fans into viral social sharers of your onsite content by using embedded videos, which I discussed in detail from this post (How to increase Facebook likes fast) -- I'm creating a premium WordPress plugin for this (aiming to complete this in the next 5 weeks). My objective for this software is to make the entire process more convenient... :)

FOR NUMBER 2 -- Integrating Facebook remarketing code into the pages of your website in order to continue promoting in Facebook your opt-in offers to people who've been to any of your pages but have yet to sign up -- Here's [URLnf="https://www.facebook.com/business/a/online-sales/custom-audiences-website"]Facebook's guide on how to get your Facebook retargeting code...[/URLnf]

NOTE: If your website is in WordPress, then you can use this [URLnf="https://wordpress.org/plugins/invisible-optin/"]free WordPress plugin[/URLnf] to conveniently integrate your Facebook retargeting code into the pages and posts of your website... :)

FOR NUMBER 3 -- Syndicating your opt-in copy and other onsite content materials in your Facebook page -- The premium WordPress plugin that I'm creating will also have this function, which'd make it more convenient to do this (and more effective since I'd be using Facebook's call-to-action button for these shared posts)... :)

FOR NUMBER 4 -- Joining and actively participating and initiating and sharing relevant content in niche-related Facebook groups with hundreds upon thousands of members who could most likely be interested in your content and offers -- This is mainly a manual process. Same thing with paid ad campaigns that I mentioned in number 1, with Facebook PPC / PPM campaigns that I mentioned in number 2, and with Facebook post boost campaigns that I mentioned in number 3. And, since these are mainly manual tasks:

After I finish the plugin, perhaps I could offer manual services here, i.e. Our remote assistants with experience in doing these manual things (among other tasks) can be assigned as dedicated remote assistants of interested clients here... :)

Last edited:

Sekumar

I my opinion, a Facebook fan page is better than a Facebook group.
You can easily promote your fan page unlike group even on modest budget
You can boost your posts in pages but nit in groups.
You can target a specified demographic using fan page than group

Hope this helps
Sekumar

brotherZ

Definitely a facebook page. If you are running a business, a facebook page is a must have. As the post above mentioned, you can promote a facebook page on a very low budget and get thousands of like. Facebook pages give you more control on how you want to present your business and what info you want to communicate to your followers.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views