is cloudflare make site faster?

ron13315

do you think it is a good Idea to add our website in cloudflare free plan? Can this make our site really faster? please let me know your Idea.

aixporter

It will be faster and more stable if you pay them fee for their service. vise vera you can get downtime if you use with free service or even some real visitors can consider as bots and must verify when visit a website using cloudfare.

hoangvu

do you think it is a good Idea to add our website in cloudflare free plan? Can this make our site really faster? please let me know your Idea.
Clouldfare makes your website fater because it uses cache system and you can use it for free. Also, Cloudflare can be suitable in case your website is attacked. And when you shall need to use this service.

HostNurse

Yes, CouldFalre can improve your website speed and overall performance by filtering traffic coming to your website.

freds86

freds86
sometime it filtered human as bots ?
I heard my friends said that if you use free their service, we can have more downtimes with free package, is it true?

I honestly didn't find any improvement using the free service on one of the blogs that I own. That alone made me not want to pay them so I am not sure how the paid service would work.

Inquestor

Inquestor
Cloudflare is more economic with larger client based websites. Not worth the money for small blogs by all means. Moreover, any free trails for most programs are watered down, so you don't get to use them to their fullest potential.

DPrat

Cloudflare Free Version Good For Blog - Pratwords.com

Hi ron13315, your doubt about Cloudflare is the same which I had before I started using it for my blog. I have been using free plan of Cloudflare for more than a year now. I am happy with it except one BIG PROBLEM which occurred due to Cloudflare and my Google Adsense ADs stopped showing on my blog.

One important suggestion while deciding between free and paid services of Cloudflare is, if your website/blog is getting huge traffic like 1500-2500 visits/day or more, then paid service is advisable. If it is less , then go for the free it is good and economical for you.

I hope it helps

My blog sometimes gets 36k visitors a day so maybe i need to try the paid.

(though that is rare - probably 3-4k on a normal day)

DPrat

DPrat

If at any point of your blog's history you have received 36K visitors a day , that means your blog might be atleast 8-10years old and have high popularity and authority rate. Your blog's average visitors per day should not be less than 15K-20K atleast at present. You should have prepared for a high traffic like this long back and went for a premium CDN service like [URLnf="https://www.maxcdn.com/"]MaxCDN[/URLnf]. This might have made your SERPs on Google far better than present (assuming you dont have any CDN at present). Let us know your blog URL.

WebsiteIntegrations

Normal traffic is only a few thousand visitors a day. Its a missing person site so some missing person posts bring in alot of traffic. The site is 16 months old. A large number of the visitors come from Social media posts/shares.

The site is missingpeople.ca

Here you can see how the page views are since the site started.

2014-12-21_003331.jpg

(edit: I guess you can't really see it as an attachment but the highest block Sept 2014 is at just above 250,000)

mark

Most of services that offer free are usually not good because no one serves you for nothing. They need money for their life thus if you have a good fund, go with paid services, it's always a best choice.

mido

When I started using Cloudflare I saw more downtime and slower sites. I guess you have to pay to see better results?

Reactions: elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Interesting I thought that too when I started using them for some of my sites...

However I've since messed around with their default settings and have managed to speed it up... It seems higher the security settings the slower its going to be, so I've set that to medium and if hit with a DDOS I'll change it to max settings...

Another one and its a bit weird is that it parses the data looking for email addresses and obfuscates it... I know that as I use a self hosted autoresponder and noted that every time I added my support email it would replace it with [email protected] at the other end.... Drove me a little crazy until I realized that Cloudflare was responsible... You can switch off E-mail address obfuscation which is located under Security. Once done with revising settings I recommend that you purge the cache so that it can be rebuilt with the new changes... It may help...

I'm sure there are other settings which can be applied to improve performance and would be interested to hear of other inputs which may help.... Right now I'm happy with current website performance, but will be keeping an eye on that...

RDO Servers

Cloudflare does have it's uses and benefits. You do have to know what you're doing and understand how the settings will affect Your site.

If you try to turn everything on to make your site as fast as possible, you're likely to have issues.

HM-Mike

It really depends on the site, sometimes it will make a good difference, sometimes only minimal difference and if your really lucky, even break your site.

Gh0st4unt3r

From my experience site speed is on both factors of how your website is setup ensure that your server is fully optimised to its potential, then when setting up cloudflare you will get improved performance. I have used both free and paid. With free being excellent for me i found that paying a monthly fee improves that bit more.

Free will give you basic protection and performance but ideally you will be best paying for the service to get the desired protection and improvements for your site to be fully optimal.

Scopehosts

Yes! Add cloudflare service to your website, you will get many features to secure and faster your website through global. you will be having CDN, DNS, Optimization, security, cache, DDOS protection etc.. features in cloudflare. Enjoy the cloudflare service

Riviera

Yes, in some cases, that's right. Faster or slower are the matter of data canter location. But usually the Cloudflare CDN has a good loading speed.

vishwa

I am using Cloudflare Free plan from past 6 months for my blog. All I can say that it is one of the best way to optimize you website and make it faster. Free plan is a good option to get started. If you want more security than you can opt for premium plans as well. For me Free plan works great and keep my blog fast and prevent my site from hacking attempts.

BizAcquire

Sure, it make your website faster and secure. Also give you analytic traffics, and free SSL also. So, better if use cdn or on cloudflare is okay

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.