Hi, I'm David from France

Hello,

I'm just starting on this forum so I come to introduce myself.

There is a long time that I'm reading stuff related to marketing even if I'm not in marketing for a living, just my pleasure.

Anyway, I have decided it was more than time for me to earn money working online so I just started my own website. I think I cannot post any link here so I will just say I want to create mobile sites.

If you are interested by mobile sites, don't hesitate to contact me, I'm looking for some partners.

That's all for now.

Hope we will get some great exchanges here.

msWendy

Hi David, I like Paris with Eiffel Tower :smart:
Are you web designer and you are building websites in responsive design or mobile style?

oh I forgot to welcome you to our webmaster forum, a good place for sharing related things and hoping you share some interesting websites on this awesome forum :emerg: lovestruck

DavidBeeMobile-Rocks
For the moment I'd like to concentrate on mobile websites. They are easier to build :). Later I will also create some responsive.
I also suppose mobile sites are a good niche. So many businesses don't have a mobile version of their site, it looks terrible when you try to visit their site on your mobile phone.

Thanks everyone for your welcome message.

Maxwell

Glad to meet you on the webmaster sun forum. Hope you nice stay here and waiting for your contributions :)

A mobile website is a version of a regular web site made for tablets and smartphones. If you look at a website on your smartphone, it will often be very difficult to use it. You will need to zoom in/out, scroll left and right to be able to use it, when you will try to click on a link, you will in fact click on another one because they are so small, reading will be a pain... This is not the case with a "mobile site".

Responsive design is a good thing but most websites on line now are "old" technology, so not responsive. I guess it's easier to convince a business to spend a few hundred dollars to add a mobile site to their regular/desktop version than to ask them a thousand and more to redesign completely their site.

And responsive is not always the best answer anyway. A responsive web site adapts itself to the size of the screen you are using when visiting it. The problem is it can be slow to load on a smartphone because all information and pictures are loaded anyway. A mobile version normally is a "light" version of the regular site. It contains only the most important information like phone number, specific information, map, directions.

Imagine you lost your key and you are in front of your door. What do you do? You take your mobile phone and search for a locksmith. Do you really care to watch the nice videos he made about his intervention on his site or to read his extensive price list? Or visit his photo gallery? No, what you want is simply to see if he is reachable 24/7, what is his phone number. Not much more. And you want this information quickly. Most people won't wait more than 5 seconds for a page to load. This is when they are in front of their computer. I doubt lots of people are willing to wait more when using a mobile phone.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
bob
Latest threads
Replies