Google webmaster tools or google analytics ?

Dmoz

Hi there,

if someone can give you an access to only one tool, which one will you choose, Google webmaster tools or google analytics ?

Any comments ?

bruno007

well both have their own functionality and they both have different aims. you can not choose between, analytics used for keeping a track on your website's traffic, webmaster is used for requesting search engine to crawl your website.

bermuda

They both are useful and you are recommended to utilize both systems to get aware of your website's linking profiles, the geographical locations from which visitors have found and visited your website, the latest reports on the links which point to your pages and from what domains they originate. You will also have ability to check your ranks on various Google data centers and country-specific locations, and learn what keywords have been used by visitors to find your site listed on Google.

shymajones

Both are good if i have to choose one then i'll go for Google webmaster tool.because it is more than analytics.

RogerStyen

I think web master tool is better if you want to write about structure data of your site but analytic is also good as it helps to check the bounce rate of your site and also the visits on your site.

Rodney Olson

If I have to choose one between them then I will choose the Google Webmaster Tool, which provide some important and better service like it forces the search engine to crawl your website.

Divya_Rai

Most of the people wanted to chose Google Webmaster, its the foundation for all kind of SEO work. Google Analytics provides visitors list and Google webmaster provides Website errors related to search engines.

digember

Google analytics and webmaster tools both are different tools with different purposes. It is recommended to use both the tools. Analytics can be used to track the behavoiour of your website traffic while webmaster tool now called as google search console can be used to help search engine to index your website. There are other benefits of using websmaster tools. You can see what keywords are getting traffic to your site, do demographic targetting, submit sitemap, etc.

Whattheserver

Yes!
Google webmaster and google analytics are two different tools.
1) google webmaster show you how to perform your website on Search Engine and
2) google Analytics Show you a real-time website Performance, Audience Overview, Behaviour, and acquisition

Thank you
whattheserver

behappie

I opt for G.A. Google Analytics' approach is to show high-level, dashboard -type data for the casual user, and more in-depth data further into the report set. Google Analytics analysis can identify poorly performing pages with techniques such as funnel visualization, where visitors came from (referrers ), how long they stayed on the website and their geographical position. It also provides more advanced features, including custom visitor

Older threads
Replies
Views
bvv
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.