Hi To All - Setting Up A Rock Music Site

RockSite1

Hi all,

I'm setting up a website for my YouTube chan, RockSite1. I've had the website up before, but it only got a trickle of traffic. I have only one instructional guitar video currently; but I expect to post original songs soon. I'm relaunching the site, which has my reviews of songs I like, tips on music gear, an original guitar instructional video, links to instructional vids by pros, planned original music videos, Rock Culture, free software etc. I'd like it to be taken as sort of a Rock critic's site, because I have a lot of info to pass on about many of these songs, and I can tell the real musicians from the posers, IMHO. It might grow to be like SongFacts.com one day, or it just might stay my personal site. I haven't decided. I'm using a subdomain at a free server, currently.

hipcat

Once you get serious with it on your own domain and paid server, then I can see it doing well, but I understand you're just testing it for now on a subdomain. There are lots of rock music related products on CJ, such as rock.com merchandise, that you can use to monetise it. Or you could sell your own instructional package, like I do on my own music sites.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

hoangvu

Hi RockSite1, welcome to our webmaster forum, hope you nice stay here.!!

Tommy

Nice to meet you RockSite1 on Webmaster Sun!
I sure your site is large because it has more categories like that. I have ever built a song lyric website 5 years ago with 700.000 song lyrics but I must leave site because I don't have time to promote and manage it.

Hope I will have a look about website in Showcase Your Website section soon :blink:

RockSite1

"There are lots of rock music related products on CJ ..."
What's CJ?

I sure your site is large because it has more categories like that.
Not really. I have in mind to review a list of my favorite songs that is only just over 300 songs in length; and I've barely got a dent in it. I plan to put it in "Showcase Your Website" presently; although that is a subforum for "Business & Advertisement Forums"; and mine is neither at this point, unless to advertise my musicianship. Is it OK to ask for non-commercial websites to be reviewed there also?

bob

Welcome to the forum and can't wait your contributions!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.