Please review my website about Rock Music

RockSite1

I'm relaunching my website after a long period of inactivity, although I've had the website up before - but it only got a trickle of traffic. I have only one instructional guitar video currently; but I expect to post original songs soon. It has my reviews of songs I like, although I have only just over 300 planned for the time being, but intend to add albums too. It has tips on music gear, an original guitar instructional video, links to instructional vids by pros, Rock Culture, free software etc. In the future, I plan to put original music on it as well. It's more of a critic of Rock from an old-school POV than anything else; but will have original material there too - although I might be persuaded to make a personal musicianship site a separate site.

Under the hood, the menus are pretty spiffy, with transparent menu titles which stay on the screen at all times, and drop-down menus that drop down into the scrolling area, and yet are always in the right place. The menu corners are rounded, the menus have a highlight, and the currently selected page has an arrow by it. I have to make the rounded menu tabs individually, as well as the rounded tops and bottoms; but I use transparency, so I can change the background graphic at any time (perhaps even by user selection). I started out trying to do an IE5.5 compatible float-drop, but I ultimately gave up on doing this and getting transparency working right in IE5.5. Perhaps in time, these menus might become too cumbersome, but perhaps not. It is 100% hand-coded; although it uses some CSS from a template I found for the menus. The drop-down scheme doesn't work if JavaScript is off; but it degrades gracefully for IE<8, other primitive browsers, or no JavaScript. There is currently no database used; although that may change if I also expand to allow customer song and gear reviews.

Please take a look, and tell me what U think:
http://rocksite.net63.net/

I'm interested to know if you guys think I should break up what it is, or change the focus in some way. I'm also interested to know how I get some/better pagerank and traffic. As to commercial aspects to it, they are ill-defined at present. This sort of info I think would be of more of interest to a select cadre of knowledgeable musicians than most fans; but as I get more original content, or if I decide to allow others to post reviews, commercial opportunities may arise. I'll be looking forward to yer feedback. Also, any general comments about improving the site are also welcome.

TIA

Last edited:

bob

Only text on homepage and tab links on main menu doesn't work.
You should improve your homepage by showing parts from sub page on homepage and improve your web design.

RockSite1

I'm not sure what sort of graphic I should put on the home page. Clicking the menu titles does nothing, as designed. I have pages for all the menu items; but not the menu titles. Is that a bad thing?

fraxool

You should go to Wordpress themes marketplace or hire some web designers on this forum do a good website template for you. Your design looks not good, improve your design first to attract your visitors and readers. Your web templates look it used from 1930' :D

drwebsitesuk

Did you take inspiration before making this design ? i look very old. there is no logo as well.

Youssra06

Personnally I think that you may should change the whole design, I mean when you said Rock website I didn't imagine that I'm going to find a menu on that form and the content there are a lot of text which is a little boring, I don't think I will stay and read all of it....
Have you seen some wordpress templates for example? you might found some with rock'n roll theme

jitendrasurve

I being a web designer. I would say the website design looks from 90s. I am just giving honest review. You need to use modern website template. Your idea is good for rockstar website. But you need to present a rockstar look and feel to your website.

For your inspiration. Just check this rockstar bands websites [URLnf=http://designmodo.com/rock-band-website-designs/]here[/URLnf]. You will like it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
bob
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.