Best Resources to Learn WordPress Development

vaneetagoswami

Hey there,

I am not a professional developer and I stay almost months in fact years away from the developing. But now I want to start developing and lern more and more about it. I want to learn WordPress development. Can you guys provide me the best resources from where I learn WordPress top to bottom, I mean each and everything about WordPress and all about customization.
Thanks in advance..

BenWilson

Hi Veneet,

There are many sources from where you can learn WordPress development Online. As a WordPress developer since last 5 Years, I would recommend you to follow these of the below websites. They known for sharing begineers as well as advance turorials.

1) Samshing magzine
2) Tutsplus

Rest all depends on your learning capability and commitment towards it.

Hope this is helpful.

Let me know if anything you want to know.

Thanks

Ben Wilson

Maxwell

Maxwell
Do you think we should learn from ebooks first then go to free sources on the internet to learn from their tutorials, it will be easier when we have basic knowledge?

I've learned from ebooks shared on some forums or bought some ebooks from Amazon. They are good to go!

german

I'm not aware of any courses specifically targeting Theme development, but there are plenty of online resources to help you through the process (including the WordPress Codex).

One of the great things about WordPress is that it (and most of it's themes and plugins) are open source - which allows you to see and tinker with the source code). The best way to learn is probably to find themes/plugins that you like, look at the source code, and make small changes until you get a feel for what does what.

Experience is the best way to learn.

HostNurse

Build a website on WordPress for experimenting. There are many helpful resources online, but it all depends on what you want to achieve or learn.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.