Can you write HTML code by hand?

hoangvu

Hi all,

I want to know here who can write HTML code by hand ?

Thanks

grimesd

I love writing HTML by hand, Its the only sure way to gurantee quality coding. For example, I am strong pessimist towards Adobe Muse. I think its the worst software to have ever been created on a developer stand point. I am sure small companies find it great ease to use, but lets look at the downfalls of these do it yourself with coding programs.

1) They adds in extra unneeded code which add to the bulk of your code resulting in greater bandwidth usage. It might not be noticeable in a small text only blog or any text heavy situation, but it can surely slow down your site.

2) If your a business owner who decided to use one of these programs and not rely on a developer, how do you know that the code you written make your site accessible on all platforms? Example, I'm sure the software doesn't account for ie6, 7, 8 "hacks" to get it working properly. I'm sure that it doesn't get rid of that nasty blue border sometime IE puts on images. How would a business owner know how to do this themselves without know html them selves or having someone else do it for them.

Theres many more but don't want to bore anybody :). Would be glad to hear your responses on coding by hand. I am strongly for it.

Mbolak

Every time I write html code in my hand.I am not use designing software.
If you write html code in your own hand you will develop your ideas. so like
very much to write in my hand for html code

aixporter

It used to be that WYSIWYG editors weren't professional and were for lazy people. But now, using Dreamweaver to code isn't that out of the ordinary. The most important part is being able to select the code you want without having to memorize it.

Max

I prefer to code by hand but it is helpful to have the help from Dreamweaver! quicker and easier to create a website!

anjana

hello everyone,
All replies were helful for made the website.

telma

Hello..
i think we can write HTML coding by hand.Thank you for the posting..you have increase my knowledge.

Inquestor

Hey,

Yes, all of our code is hand written, edited and so forth. It is the only way to do it. For writing a lot of option tags for example. We just use a PHP while or foreach loop using entries from the database.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.