Why and How You Should Profit From Your Passion

aemathenge

You are proficient in a skill or you can make a product in a manner that few can. You are an expert and many love coming to you for assistance and advice in your area of expertise. You are probably employed in a company that is only happy to exploit your talent and pay you peanuts for it. Or perhaps you were the best in your class at college or university. You have a passion for this skill and love engaging in it. Does this sound familiar?

This thread hopes to inform you of the things you could do to make money, for yourself, from your skill, expertise and passion. Below are some of the steps you require to START on this journey of passion and profits.

Make a plan AND stick to it

Nothing in life comes easy. The expertise you gained this far is enough testimony to this. To make money out of your passion, you need to plan very carefully exactly what you need to do and how to go about it. A business plan is a good place to start.

However, planning alone will not work. You have got to execute every element of your plan to the very end. Determine from the onset your end goal for the new online business and do not stop till you get there. Plan on what you can realistically achieve and fully focus on this.

You are an expert. You need other experts

So far, you have developed your expertise to perfection and everyone knows this. When it comes to an online business for your passion, you are just another fish in a big sea. You require the expertise of other experts in order to succeed. You need to market your skill to your prospective clients and to do this, you will require content writers, site creators, Search Engine Optimization and several other services you are not good at.

You will require creating a great relationship with visitors to your site and subsequent customers once they start purchasing your product or service. Your online visitors will make judgments about you and your passion from your website; therefore, let experts in this do it for you. All you have to do is seek experts within your budget.

Blog and blogging about your passion

One of the best opportunities to showcase your brilliance about your passion is on a number of like minded blogs. You get to interact here with other professionals in your field and ultimately recognition. The other professionals will refer prospective clients to your site which shall mean more profits for you. None-professionals will get to see and appreciate your talent and seek your services. Just make sure the links to your business site are functioning as they should.

The repeat customer’s special place

Once the online community gets to hear of your passion, there will be many repeat clients. A good thing would be to create a special page on your website for such people. This could be the membership page where you can get information from the clients in order to update on upcoming developments for your product or service.

Will you get out of your rut?

These are but a few suggestions on how to exploit your passion online. This community is interactive and will hopefully share their respective experiences and ideas for the development of us all. What ever is suggested here or in the future will be useless if you do not exercise it. Will you?

Fredrick

blogging about your passion really helps the IMer to profit..
as you already know more about the subject better
than others and this will go a long way attracting the
profits you deserve..

justsmallsteps

I want to clear out some things in your articles
Blog and blogging about your passion

One of the best opportunities to showcase your brilliance about your passion is on a number of like minded blogs. You get to interact here with other professionals in your field and ultimately recognition. The other professionals will refer prospective clients to your site which shall mean more profits for you. None-professionals will get to see and appreciate your talent and seek your services. Just make sure the links to your business site are functioning as they should.
service.
I supposed it can make money from blogging itself that don't need to link to the business site, right? which ways to make money from blogging?

The repeat customer’s special place

Once the online community gets to hear of your passion, there will be many repeat clients. A good thing would be to create a special page on your website for such people. This could be the membership page where you can get information from the clients in order to update on upcoming developments for your product or service.
what are repeat clients? this is the first time i've heard about this term :D

Reactions: Liliana

aemathenge

aemathenge
Personally, I am making money from blogging by writing articles about various topics. This is a form of advertising and readers are then engaging my services to write for them after reading my articles in sites.

The term "Repeat Clients" refers to those customers who come back to you to purchase your service again and again. A general example is Tourists to my home Country Kenya visiting a tourist camp every year to observe the famous wildebeest migration. One tourist camp I write articles for has a group who have been visiting every year for ten years now. That is a good lot of Repeat Clients.

SiteChef

You can always tell from a blog or in the writing whether the person has an interest in what they're writing about - it comes out clearer and the writing quality is better.

aemathenge

aemathenge
You refer to two aspects in your post. Interest and the writing quality.

In my sector, content, article writing and blogging, interest in what one is writing comes a distant second to the quality. I may write about a subject for which I have no clue yet the quality of the final product could be excellent.

Which one between the two do you place premium on?

aemathenge

Interest and quality

One of the biggest challenges in exploiting a passion or talent is simply not exploiting it.

I have encountered so many people who are good in what they do but they chose to stay in their respective comfort zone such as a 9 to 5 job. Others seek advice on how to exploit their talent yet do not make use of that advice.

Last edited:

SiteChef

Passionate writing makes for better articles - there's usually more effort in the post and it's generally got a more helpful tone than trying to sell something. Majority of content on sites are usually written to sell something, compare that to paid-for content sites like newspapers where they aren't necessarily trying to sell you something (since they earn money through ads, and not in selling a product).

SK57

I think having a passion about a subject or topic can certainly keep you motivated and help maintain continued interest and enthusiasm but just having a passion for it doesn't necessarily make it a viable or profitable option if you want to make money from it. Passion does not necessarily come with knowledge about the subject or topic. You need to be able to combine that passion with knowledge and experience as well as having a market of paying customers to market to, a sound business strategy and an effective sales funnel that gels it all together. I wouldn't necessarily advocate choosing a niche or a particular industry based on a passion I may have for it. I have a passion for many things but I also know that I don't have the knowledge or experience to make them profitable....yet.

Steve.

Carl0251

It is true that if you have passion for what you write it will be miles better than other content. So, when I write for clients I often faux passion for the sake of the quality. Sounds stupid? Sure I bet it does but it works for me.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.