SMS vs. Mobile Apps, which one I shoud choose?

Joe S.

Please give me any comparison between SMS and Mobile Apps, which is better for mobile marketing?

your opinion is appreciated :)

DPrat

Mobile Apps Better Than SMS Marketing - By Pratwords

Please give me any comparison between SMS and Mobile Apps, which is better for mobile marketing?

your opinion is appreciated :)
Hi @Joe S, good question I should say. If I am in your place, I would prefer Mobile Apps over Mobile SMS for any mobile marketing campaign I get engaged. Why? for this following reasons:

• If you get a very attractive and intuitive mobile app which create lots of attention among mobile users, it is deemed to get viral for FREE and help in creating lots of vibe among the targeted audience only for the cost of its development and deployment in Play Store and Apps Store. But, in case of SMS, users to whom you will send the SMS, there is 90% chances of it getting deleted or avoided without any attention.Each SMS will be chargeable in the campaign , not like the app whose downloads and installations are free.
  • You can get more insights by using mobile app marketing campaign rather than using SMS marketing campaign.
  • Apps Marketing campaign is far more effective than SMS marketing campaign as apps contain lots of room to make it attractive that SMSs

I hope that helps.

Reactions: wms

Nancy G

In terms of mobile marketing, using mobile app and SMS have their strengths and weaknesses. Combining these two can be even more effective marketing tools to boost your business.

Mobile app provides you greater flexibility in terms of building awareness, product exposure and connecting to your customers. It may require resources to develop and update this as necessary and must be compatible with both Apple and Android phones. Most of these apps require personal information sharing which may turn off cautious users. Your app is only as good as when it is installed and used over and over again.

Typical users normally download apps for entertainment and social purposes which led to the popularity of Facebook, gaming apps, movie/music apps, etc. If you are offering differently, what is your chance of being installed compared with competing apps?

SMS marketing works for all types of phone, smartphones, traditional types and even obsolete ones. It operates simply and internet connection is not required. There is no need to worry about personal information intrusion. Most reputable companies use this method as a personal way of announcing special events or launches, sales/discount promotions, etc. and even to promote their website or mobile app. Chances of being read is more likely as compared to downloading an app.

There may be costs involved for both but for smaller business, SMS marketing is more effective and easy to manage if you know how to go about it properly. Developing an app is not easy considering you have to compete with large companies who have a team and financial resources to maintain and promote it.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views