Which operating system you like?

Maxwell

I like working on windows 8, as it is more faster than xp and windows 7 and even it has lots of apps.
I'm using Win 7 now and feel good with it. Window has just been a part, the most important part is PC configuration. A stronger PC helps me more about work and entertainment.

mozpk

win 10 is best i see its many more apps and others things

prasila

W8.1 after long use of W7. I don't regret the decision at any time

ron13315

is windows10 releases?

Microsoft confirmed a while ago that the two most recent Windows versions will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 directly.

northmail

I personally prefer Windows 7, the next updates have underwent a lot of drastic changes, that I can't seem to familiarize myself up to now. With the line of work we have, it's better to have an operating system that everyone is familiar with, so we'll be able to process our tasks in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

natemaingard

I hated Windows 8 at first, but now I love and prefer it. There's still some aspects of it that confuse me, though.

Syadei

I find that Windows 8 is the easiest to navigate, although the majority of people that I know in real life complain because they find it way too complicated. Most of them prefer to use Windows 7 despite the fact that they still have their beloved desktop. :p

natemaingard

natemaingard
While I have kind of gotten use to Windows 8, I do agree with them that it's complicated. When I first started using it, I was so confused and had no idea what I was doing. I'm still confuses sometimes.

Syadei

Syadei
I admit that for the first day using it, it was confusing. This was mainly because I kept accidentally scrolling to the top left and right hand corners and getting stuck on the selection bars. However, after realising what I was doing wrong (and for some reason, not looking at the tutorial during the Windows 8 set up tutorial) I managed to get the gist of the OS and from day two, I was a master.

natemaingard

natemaingard
My biggest complaint is the dang blue side bar that keeps opening. I don't know if I'm just accidentally (and not realizing it) moving my arm across the touch pad or what it is, but there are times where I'm typing and for whatever reason the blue side bar pops open. It's annoying. I NEVER use that bar anyway. Would disable it if I could.

RDO Servers

I'm still on Win 7 Pro. I have played around with Win 8 and just don't like it.

I am looking forward to taking a look Windows 10 tho. Seems to be kinda hit or miss with Windows releases. Sometimes there much improved, sometimes not...

Lucky!

I like all of them really. I have used OSX for photo and video editing. In the past, I have used Windows 7 and 8/8.1. I am currently using 8.1 and I like it so far. For the most part, I have disabled some of the metro features that come with Windows 8 as I find them very counterintuitive with a mouse and keyboard setup. I am waiting to user Windows 10, however!

RDO Servers

I think a lot of the OS debate comes down to what your used to and what you use your computer for.

If you primarily use a tablet or touch screen laptop, Windows 8 can be great.

If you do a lot if photo or video work, Mac OS is preferred.

If your into open source programing or pushing a machine to the limits, you will probably enjoy Linux.

For those of us that like messing around with a little bit of everything, a dual boot setup is a wonderful thing!!

:thumb:

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.