How to check web hosting speed

tansika

I didn't know my website how is its loading speed when putting on a web hosting that I have not used before.
Are there any ways to check a web hosting speed before buying it?

HostNurse

You can use pingdom to test the IP of the server you will be hosted on. Also Load Impact is a great site for websites load test.

martinpetrak

You can try gtmetrix to check websites speed, I'm using this tool and feel it helpful to find how a website load in seconds or speed of a web hosting.

TejasWebHosting

A lot of providers have a test page with a 50mb, 500mb, and 1gb filesize you can use to test it out. I would ask their support team to provide you the link to that.

Most hosts today also have money back guarantees. Often it is 30 or 60 days. This way, if you don't like the speed, service, or support you can simply get all of your money back.

Be cautious of hosts that do not offer money back guarantees...

datarealm

Keep in mind pingdom or test files is only a measure of the network speed (particularly the speed between you and your provider, or pingdom and your provider). It does not necessarily indicate how your site itself will perform. A lot of that can also be dependent upon the site itself. For example a static html page might light very quickly whereas a wordpress site with 50 plugins could take a long time to render....

ElixantTechnology

As an example:

[URLnf=http://speedtest.elixant.ca]http://speedtest.elixant.ca[/URLnf]

All that you really can test without actually putting your website live on their servers is how fast you will communicate with the server from your specific location network wise. However, any test you conduct speed wise will be completely different for every user whom accesses your website hosted on the network as per network routing from their specific location. The speed you achieve from a network speed test also has a lot to do with the speed of the internet connection you are getting from your current provider. So in reality, any speed test you may conduct unless you are doing so from a dedicated line will prove invalid. To be completely honest there is no real way to test the actual speed of the host's server without first getting access to a plan, uploading your website to it and giving it a test run.

What I would recommend is looking for a host that offers a managed-back guarantee,

i.e. [URLnf=https://www.elixant.ca/hosting/managed-hosting]https://www.elixant.ca/hosting/managed-hosting[/URLnf] (45-Day Money-Back Guarantee)

What this does is allows you to actually give things a go, see how your website will function on the system. However if it does not run to your standards, you can always cancel and request a refund within the guaranteed timeframe. This is the only true way that you can test a provders service, any other way is deemed unreliable.

Reactions: JoeHamilton

JoeHamilton

JoeHamilton
I knew this but for a business man or a company, it won't be easy to move to a new host for test or checking around 15 or 20 days, after that move to a new host if old host couldn't give the quality. It will consume time and no convenience

ElixantTechnology

Why make things complicated and stress over the small things? Switching provider can be as simple as the process only taking a matter of a couple of hours with little to no effort on your part. Most hosts, or at least Managed Hosting Providers will actually migrate your website for you, this process sometimes takes only a matter of minutes to do. The only real action that you would need to take would be to update the Nameserver(s) on your domain. Domain propogation takes anywhere from 0 to 48 hours.

To make sure that your website functions as normal, in the hosts file on your computer you can update so that whenever you enter your domain it points to the new locations specifically for your computer. That way you can go over, make sure everything is working accurately after the transfer and so on.

Change can be a difficult thing, and even the thought of it can make some people cringe. However, sometimes things seems like they are going to be difficult, when really they are quite simple.

rosalinacristy

Pingdom is the best tool for checking the web hosting speed, website load time and load impact. You can use this tool and find the actual speed of website load time.

ketul

2 down vote accepted

you can test your website with pingdom tool to know whether your site is causing the down time or your host. Just test your site and it will give you all the details like pagetest, dns, ping and traceroute.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.