Any Comparisons between Dedicated Servers and VPS?

Jovani

Hi everyone!

Can you tell me any comparisons/differences between Dedicated Servers and VPS?
I am using VPS (both managed and unmanaged) but have not ever tried Dedicated Servers
I want to know how is its strong or features if I use a Dedicated Server for my websites :)

Hassan

Vps Hosting
Vps is similar to owning a Condo. While you still share things on the property, you are ultimately responsible for maintaining your own property and repairs inside the condo. There is also significantly less residents per building and assigned parking. On a Virtual Private Server, you are allotted resources that are not shared by everyone. The over all CPU time and memory are shared across all accounts on the machine, but at the same time portions of those resources are always dedicated to each account.

Dedicated Hosting
Dedicated Hosting can be compared to owning a house. You are allowed and have access to all resources available on the machine. No one else's account resides on the machine (your house) and would not be capable of tapping into your resources.

Reactions: hoangvu and Jovani

Jovani

Jovani
Awesome explanation with real example. It's understandable.
But Dedicated Hosting could be a Server?
I'm going to create a new thread to ask about dedicated Servers and a Server. If you're having good experience on this field, please answer me on this post :)

Hassan

Dedicated hosting ie Dedicated servers by the way your inbox is full i am unable to answer your question.

Jovani

Jovani
I'm mentioning to the difference between a Server and a Dedicated server, which is the same or not?

BTW, I deleted my messages in inbox, now it's ok :)

TejasWebHosting

Today the lines between virtual machines and dedicated machines are getting harder and harder to nail down. I would say that virtual machines are the easy way to get into the industry / accomplish your goals without having to pay the amount needed for a dedicated server.

With that being said though ... a dedicated server is a very nice thing to have. There is nothing like having your own server without having to share resources with anyone, in any way. The price tag is also pretty high :)

Virtualization technology has came a long way, but from my experience....dedicated is dedicated and you get what you pay for, no doubt.

datarealm

Particularly for high I/O operations you will want to have a dedicated server instead of a VPS.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.