Which English: American or British?

aemathenge

Which version of the English Language do you use when working with your products and services online?

A number of my articles have been sent back to me for re-writing because I have written them in British English as opposed to "native English"

Please enlighten me about your personal preference.

aemathenge

I will respond. I'll respond.
You have to go. You've to go.
I am willing. I'm willing.
Do not read this. Don't read this.
We are going. We're going.

I like to think that all the above are correct, but which format do your customers prefer?

Which one works for you?

Joseph_Hill

Which version of the English Language do you use when working with your products and services online?

A number of my articles have been sent back to me for re-writing because I have written them in British English as opposed to "native English"

Please enlighten me about your personal preference.
I prefer American language for articles on my blog because it has more traffic from US than UK. It's a reason why we should care factors that relate to our sites than standard things for others :)

Just my 2 cents,

Am I right?

aemathenge

aemathenge
Does this mean you will get less traffic if you write your blog in UK English?

Does your traffic depend on the language or the content and what is your blog about?

The information will help us understand if you are right or not.

TejasWebHosting

American English is going to give you the wisest audience. But it depends on who you are trying to target.

abhishekbt

I think the article should be in American english and should not be written as shortcut as given in the example. Traffic does get effected based on the english version, but definitely users will not come if they are not comfortable with it.

HostNurse

It depends to whom you are writhing for and what are their requirements which must be met, if you are writing for your customers. If you writing on your blog, then it depends on your targeted audience.

brotherZ

Depends on your target audience. If your website is US-based and has a bigger american audience, then use American English. If your website is UK-based and cater to a british audience, then use british english. It's a no-brainer.

Reactions: art247

aemathenge

aemathenge
No-brainer ha !

My client wants articles about travel and tourism targeting tourists from all over the world to Kenya's attractions.

Tourists come from all over the world with the biggest numbers being almost equal from the United Kingdom, The United States and Canada.

Are you telling me to advice them to put up websites for every country in the world that distinguishes the two types of English?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.