Things to avoid in email marketing

fromrachel

I'm doing email marketing campaigns and just want to know things to avoid in email marketing
How to avoid spam filters, how to send to inbox of customers and how to do an email marketing campaign effectively
Please mention me a few things need to be avoived in EM

Thanks
Rachel

DebraCrowl

It is important to prevent your email marketing from spam. You should use spamfiltters, try to use generic subject line, keep your mailing easy and simple, try to send emails to those who are fully permission based, forget to test, neglecting to personalize.
Hope these tips will help you.

Miko

I'm doing email marketing campaigns and just want to know things to avoid in email marketing
How to avoid spam filters, how to send to inbox of customers and how to do an email marketing campaign effectively
Please mention me a few things need to be avoived in EM

Thanks
Rachel
Avoid sending too many emails hourly and daily.

Mompreneur

First and foremost, never ever email anyone without asking for their permission.
Secondly, strive to build a relationship with your list by providing valuable content to them. Don't just pressure them to buy, buy, buy. Rather work to build their trust first and then offer them something. I like to send out 3-4 content emails for every promotional email I send out.
And lastly, only send them relevant offers and information. For example, if people signed up for parenting information, don't send them information or offers on dog training.
Many autoresponder services such as Aweber have built in spam filters and will let you know if you're using words that will flag your email as spam. But I think if you concentrate on providing value and building relationships with your subscribers and you only send them relevant information and offers you'll be doing well.

ElixantTechnology

From what I understand from reading your post, you are going to be using either a purchased mailing list or a general list of emails... I would not do this.

1. ONLY SEND EMAILS TO THOSE WHO OPT-IN TO A NEWSLETTER, AND OFFER THEM IN EVERY EMAIL A WAY TO OPT-OUT
Most email lists that you buy will include a spamtrap, and if you send an email to a spamtrap, your email will be permenantly listed in a database as spam. Beyond that your Host's IP address will be listed in blacklists as well. Sending email to those who do not follow an Opt-In Process (And that you don't have proof of Opt-In) is illegal, and you can be fined up to $100,000 for each and every email that you send.

2. BUILD YOUR OWN MAILING LIST
Start a blog, build up it's popularity and offer an opt-in procedure on the blog so users can join your mailing list. Be sure to log IP Addresses, Time/Date of Opt-In and have an Email Verification process put in place where users have to receive an email and click an activation link to confirm that they are opting in. This is called a double opt-in process and is highly recommended in accordance with the CAN-SPAM act.

Crewscaptin

I think the best strategy to achieve success using EM is as below :-
Firstly you need to concentrate on having a long list of subscribers, who are willingly subscribes to your newsletter,for the number of subscribes counts towards your success ! .You can gain that by send interesting content that is relevant to the subscriber and never force anyone to join!. For that you need to offer a free bribe ( Free E-book,coupon discounts..etc) to let people be interested in your newsletter and waiting eagerly to receive your E-mail. Secondly After a while average of a week or so just send one email containing your product that you need to market , let the price be as low as possible as you can and the value as great as possible compared to price and compared to its real value !. One of the best tips for pricing is to use the old trick of 9 !,its found that prices ends with nine sells more even if there is prices that has a lower price (39.9$ product sells more than 15$ product), its a physiological puzzle that hasn't been solved yet !. Also you can use the psychology of color and use colors that found to be more selling like building your landing page buy button in yellow !. Yellow sells ! .
Thirdly : Use autoresponding services like A-weber,getresponse and mailchimp to attract subscribers then its up to you then to fascinate them with your product.
You can always fetch help using free lancing websites like : (Fiverr,people per hour..) to help building your landing page content or marketing your website and bring traffic !.

Christler

Phishing of course just write a valuable content if you offer something just do soft selling.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.