What is "Twitter" about for you?

Anna

Everybody knows that "Twitter" is about realionships and friendships. But by interacting there you've got an oppurtunity to promote your online-bussiness. Just curious, how many people use it for work?

Joseph_Hill

Everybody knows that "Twitter" is about realionships and friendships. But by interacting there you've got an opportunity to promote your online-bussiness. Just curious, how many people use it for work?
I thought it's a bit more for promotion, I've heard about use twitter for work :confused:
could you tell me how to use Twitter for work? any shares?

Anna

Anna
Well, if you promote your products to sell it's kind of a work, isn't it?
Or if you promote your account and then you have big amount of followers you can earn some money too.
Many companies are looking for popular Twitter accounts to occasionally post about their products. This is how you can have pay-per-tweet arrangement.
Do you find my post useful?

Fredrick

if you got good number of followers you can just earn for tweeting..

Anna

Anna
Yes, and also like this. And for this you need to promote your account, not everyone is that persistant, most people I think, just read and make tweets. :sad_no: :p

Chancer

Twitter influencers usually have a dismal interaction rate (from their followers) i recently read it's on the order of 0.1%.
I manage 4 twitter accounts, use it for work and personal business stuff and have observed that keeping an interaction rate above 1% is no easy feat.

Also #tags are borken.
Without followers you barely get 100 impressions even though a specific keyword gets 10million impressions per month.

I've been trying really hard for the past 6 months to figure out what tweeps like, but so far i have had a very limited success.
So far i don't see much use in social media aside from them being an easy backlink source.

Last edited:

Carlos

I use it for many reasons. I want to have more friendships in niches that I tweet about. I love Video Games, I write about Video Games, I talk about Video Games. I also am an entrepreneur, a startup founder, so I am naturally trying to scout for new friendships to build a network.

It is also a place to get my voice out there in the world. I want to be an authority on the Video Game subject. At the same time, I use the service for promoting my latest ventures.
Also #tags are borken.
Without followers you barely get 100 impressions even though a specific keyword gets 10million impressions per month.
I agree with you that HashTags are broken on Twitter, but you need to keep at it to consistently get more impressions per week/month.

So, keep tweeting about subjects that are dear to you, and slip in the hashtags, before long, you'll become an authority on the subject. However, I do see what you mean about barely even touching anywhere close to what the keyword gets. If the keyword has 10 Million impressions, you won't get anywhere close to that number, you're buried under "recent" tab.

Chancer

I've observed that people generally become "authorities" at around 14k tweets...
So this is a too long-term game for me.
However there is a way to gamify getting followers (i am testing it now) and it seems to work quite well.
I will report about it when i can, but it will be a few months before we close the experiment.

Anyway, instead of Twitter i would focus right now on the new and upcoming social media like Belacam, as they include a revenue stream by default and are easily gamed since they are new.

Fu Fei

It can be a great way to connect with thought leaders in your space

DeerPencil

You can do Twitter Marketing to get more followers, make more sale or promote your content.

vishwa

I am using it for promoting my blog and blog posts. The response I get is awesome. I think any online business who wants to promote online then twitter is a great traffic source.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views