How clean are your links?

aemathenge

Google’s link penalties are disastrous for your venture.

If Google’s ‘link police arrest you” your rankings, traffic and revenue will drop like a stone.

The following are different types of link penalties:

• Algorithmic Penalties
  • Google Penguin and Panda
  • Manual Actions

Are you guilty of one or all?

Google is watching.:big_boss:

aemathenge

You are correct @vaneetagoswami.

The distinction I was trying to make is that Panda seeks to arrest and punish duplicated, poor quality and thin content while Penguin is going for links that are non compliant with Google's guidelines.

Did I get that right?

My personal challenge, however, is that there are so many steps and tools out there to identify which one you are being "arrested" for. At least with the manuals, you will be informed accordingly.

Last edited:

brainmoore

Avoiding anything spamming on the web will be key to stay alive on SERPs especially with Google. I have seen many websites which used to be on the first page but after such updates disappeared from the SERPs almost invisible.

ericplotz1

I know someone personally who got screwed by posting too many forum backlinks. He used to rank in the number 1 spot for "cool gadgets" now he is not on the first page.

Not going to leave the link to his site but link building can go very wrong if youre not smart!

margarita

Not going to leave the link to his site but link building can go very wrong if youre not smart!
I like this sentence :rolley:
I know someone personally who got screwed by posting too many forum backlinks. He used to rank in the number 1 spot for "cool gadgets" now he is not on the first page.
how to build backlinks from forums effectively?

Knightrider

Forum links are not spammy if we dont over do it. Like having same anchor text for a selected link will have you in trouble.

Reactions: wms and aemathenge

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
This is not at all true! This is why I love SEO! Because I stay ahead of the game and I am able to predict what is in the future, by just thinking about it logically.

1 year ago press release submissions and blurbs were the "way to go" and then all of a sudden an algorithm changed with the Panda update and some of the largest press release sites dropped up to 70% in visibility. And it's just gotten worse for press release sites. Yet the good little sheeple that they are, continue to use em'.

It was pretty obvious to me even before the Panada update that PR sites were going to get hit because ANYONE could do it. So eventually this would leave Google enough data to analyze to make the determination, that people were very much cheating the system with PR sites.

Same is going to happen with forum links and its already started. Forum links can be done by anyone and I guarantee you very soon, most forum links aren't even going to be counting as backlinks anymore. Even if they are you'll want to remove them because they will probably hurt your site.

abhishekbt

I do not think that any one is clean if they are working on making back links for their websites no matter how natural looking and high authority website you are making but still you are doing wrong because according to Google you should not be involved in making any kind of links and should not know where they exist or not. If you know or you built is that means you are wrong and that is only a matter of time till Google catches you.

Knightrider

There are no such Measurement dude, If you put 10 links on this forum all pointing to same site and uses ONLY 1 or 2 anchor text, then its considered as spammy.

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
"Dude" I think you need to check this comment from Google employee JohnMu before you make another false comment.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/webmasters/UZPh0EPOXcE/qw03x4akiTUJ

A lot of the time your probably leaving your link on a thread (in your signature i.e.) that has nothing to do with your site. The only time I ever do this is for sites I could give 2 $%^#s about. For instance if you look at some of my previous posts you'll see my signature with a site that no longer exists. I made my money quick and trashed the site. Doesn't exist anymore.

Same I would advise anyone who uses forum link building in their strategy. LOOK OUT FOR 2015 FOLKS!

Do you honestly think forum link building looks natural?

If anyone can explain how physically putting your link to your money site on a forum looks like a natural link, I'll be flabbergasted!

abhishekbt

That is what I am saying , that link building is very crucial thing but still we do it because we do not have any other option. I too build links for my website and try to keep it at minimal because it is practically not possible to follow Google strictly and we have to do something we know that could be bad in future and this is how SEO is going on.

ElixantTechnology

These days you can't really rely on Search Engines for gaining customers, it's getting pretty ridiculous. It's gotten to the point that the only real traffic you'll get driven to your site is via. word of mouth. It's making things more and more difficult for those who are just planning to establish their business online.

jackluter

See more web site link is not so clean it may effect once google penguin is updated due to no follow sites and some spam sites through which broken links are formed.

jamesalan

Some of my client websites got penalized on Google penguin updates...but I could successfully recover all of my website, by disavowing unnatural backlinks...

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.