What type of ads works better Google AdWords or Facebook ?

Anna

Adwords is such a big part of small business marketing that can people out with it. For a small business, AdWords can be a hugely successful method of driving traffic, marketing your product and ultimately getting increased sales. Both types of ads show that they are good, they show great results for business. And both ads work on principles of Pey-Per-Click. But which type is better, Google or Facebook?

ericplotz1

If you master Google ads it is definitely the better option. I use Facebook to test out the engagement because I can run an FB campaign a lot cheaper. Were talking pennies for a click versus dollars in Google.

For low profit niches I wouldn't even bother unless the conversion ratio and ROI was projected to be decent after gathering analytics. The only time I've done this is when dealing in adult niches, which was years ago. It's the only traffic I,ve found with a low enough CPC to generate in ROI with the proper ads.

Affiliate commissions for cam sites were the way to go, but I don't know about now.

Other then that I usually stick to local keyword for my local clients. Even those are high. I had an attorney in Phoenix I ran an ad campaign for and his CPC was $40! Could you imagine spending $40 a click with no conversions? It's why it's important you know the game before jumping into it.

dandeedo

Adwords is such a big part of small business marketing that can people out with it. For a small business, AdWords can be a hugely successful method of driving traffic, marketing your product and ultimately getting increased sales. Both types of ads show that they are good, they show great results for business. And both ads work on principles of Pey-Per-Click. But which type is better, Google or Facebook?
Thanks for your question but I don't agree with your statement. For a small business, Facebook advertising is better option than Adwords as Facebook Likes, Conversions or Traffics are cheaper than Adwords. I have $5 daily budget for my adwords campaign but I can't rank any of my targeted keywords on the top as their top page bids are too high because of excessive competition. I do have decent quality score for my targeted keywords but still I am afraid to raise their bids to $4 or $5 as 1 single click can cover my whole daily budget. Adwords is good if your budget is sufficient but if your budget is small then Facebook advertising is best.

success druggy

I think Facebook is better option for the marketing. When you get good likes in the FB page, after some time your paid traffic convert into the organic traffic. And the FB campaigns are cheaper than the google adwords.

elcidofaguy

Overall I would say Adwords is the best as you are putting yourself in front of eager buyers - that being people whom are typing in search phrases and looking to buy! However Adwords has some pitfalls such as the info harvesting policy which makes it near impossible to collect email leads for your list... and if you are an affiliate, forget it as the bridge policy will stop you in your tracks...

FB on the otherhand is putting your ads to an audience who are not looking to buy... In fact many find ads on their walls to be extremely annoying ... they are their to socialize with their buddies and not to buy stuff... So the very nature of FB ads is different... You need to engage in way that you are not selling directly and also providing value which can lead to social shares and people noticing you... For me I use FB to collect email leads which works wonderfully i.e. informative article, signup to newsletter for free report etc... I've tried direct selling approach and each time it was at a loss versus the amount invested...

prmagic

I would definitely agree that Adwords is the best way to go if you can afford it. However, used correctly FB ads can be effective. Make sure you are really specific with your targeting. Keep your ad clean and simple, while providing just enough info to peak their interest. And select your audience carefully. You can get pretty far with FB ads, if you know your target.

Nancy G

Before you decide which advertising channel works best for you, you have to take into consideration the following:

*reason for advertising or what you intend to achieve from the spending, and
*your ad budget.

Google is the most widely used search engine while Facebook is the world's largest social networking site in terms of following and scope.

AdWords in Google helps you find new customers while Facebook ads help new customers find you.

Customers looking for a specific need, product or company can just simple make a search in Google to get the information. With Google Adwords, you get higher chance of being clicked first resulting to possible leads or sales since the intent or interest to purchase leading to the search already existed.

If your aim is to build brand awareness or usage of products or services targetted at specific markets, Facebook ads will be your best choice as it will allow you to profile your ads based on certain demographics like location, age, gender, status (married, single, etc.) or even some behavior. This is specially true for new products needing to reach out to ideal customers. Facebook ads should be creative enough to appear as “interesting to know more” not annoying or disrupting to the real social intent of the user in order to be effective.

Budget-wise, Facebook ads are cheaper compared to Google Adwords. If your budget is limited, you may need to choose one platform to best serve your marketing goal. If budget is not a concern, you can choose both platforms, each having their separate merits and timing their ad releases strategically to give you the optimum exposure and sales leads.

subhodipd

With due respect, Google Adwords is always a better promotional tool as compared to Facebook. Using Google Adwords, you can directly promote your venture to the top page of Google.
Stats say, that compared to Facebook's contribution of 21% visitors for website, Google Adwoirds helps to escalate this percentage by almost 58%.
So, you have your answer.

Monga

I think it totally depends upon your audience, age group, products, ads purpose etc. I mean if you need to target younger age audience Facebook ads are pretty good. If you need to target all age group audience then google adword is good.

At the same time it also depends upon your products, services, etc

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.