Pinterest vs Instagram?

Anna

Both Instgram and Pinterest are popular and easy for social marketing. But there are some details about these platforms in marketing sphere:

- Pinterest is used on computers, tablets and smartphones. When Instagram is only available as a mobile (smartphone or tablet) app.

- To Pinterest participants and shoppers turn when they need something. For many, it’s the digital version of catalogs and magazines. And Instagram focuses more on envy and jealousy by adding a better than reality gloss to photographs, and less on social marketing.

- Pinterest is not necessarily specific to an individual, when instagram is designed to reflect a narrative of what a person sees in his or her life,to take a cool picture, share it with your friends. Pinterest is more for collecting things from all over, which lends itself much better to group usage. For example, the ability to “repin” an image allows your brand to get its content in front of a very wide variety of members.

- But customers and companies can take advantage of both Pinterest’s and Instagram's visual shopping. Shopping from the bed is more comfortable anyway.

sanusense

I'd also consider Pinterest over Instagram, because Pinterest has very user friendly database and most importantly you can use it with any devices, Unlike Instagram!

In Instagram links aren't clickable, they treat links as plain text, so it's pretty hard to drive customers from there.

rlymike

Pinterest is geared directly toward marketing (pins link to websites automatically, etc.), so I'd definitely go in that direction.

David Muller

Both are social networking sites which are used to share photo. It is hard to compare each other because users like to use both.

trucchi93

Both are good and nice but i prefer Instagram cuz i think Pinterest is a little same as We heart it. every site has their own pros and cons (like us). Pinterest let me pin photos and store in my own list. on instagram, we could not do it. Because i love writing so i often edit my caption quite long :)) i hardly see ppl do the same on Pinterest. I think it depend on users :victory:

ElixantTechnology

Hm, never actually thought about using either of them. I guess I'm pretty old fashioned in the sense of sticking to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

rlymike

You should check out Pinterest. You can build pins directly from links, which can be a great way to drive clickthrough.

Miko

I'd go with Pinterest. Direct links.

ashleymadea

Good point Anna. Instagram is more useful for business though. I recently read data that customers are more likely to buy from you if you use instagram. Also they are more likely to buy if they visually see others buying from you. So encouraging customers to post pictures of your product after they receive them, and repost their images on your instagram feed. It's a great marketing tactic to encourage business!

cwriter333

I agree with ashleymadea. I've often found myself checking to see if a business has a presence on Instagram before I buy from them. It doesn't stop me if they don't, not if I really want the product, but finding them there is a point in there favor.

PatrickT

For SEO purposes, I guess Pinterest is more efficient, because for example on Pinterest you have to pin a link to the source of the image for EVERY image you post, and on Instagram the only way to direct people to a link is to post the link on your bio. Speaking of the audience, females are dominating on Pinterest, while there is 50/50 on 'Gram

ivanab

Pinterest - yes direct traffic, more targeted, bigger exposure, as you grow your account too...

However, Instagram faster account growth, and if you send leads to an optin page, you can build an email list for sure.

I know some guys who were very successful on Instagram with CPA offers.

matteomatt

I use both, because I try to maximize all my sources. Each one works, but Pinterest works better for different areas. For example I can't go post my sexy pictures all over it, but my nature pics or shopping type pics would work better.

Instagram allows alot more types of pictures, and is more used, but is also spammed alot.

TheFBArFiling

I will go with Pinterest.. People are much interested on pinterest :) But you should chosse with your niche.. If you want to sell product then Instagram.. :)

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.