What is dofollow and nofollow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

Google takes of how many inbound links a page has and from what sites. Google marks a certain page as a good one!And it gives preference in search engine to that page over others. But what if my link is not followed, should I care? Does it decrease traffic to my site? And how can I see whether the link is Follow or No Follow? Thank you in advance for your shares and thoughts!

ElixantTechnology

follow/nofollow are both terms recognized by bots that crawl the internet and polulate search engines. A lot of the time this is configured in the website's robots.txt file, however this can also be imbedded right into the HTML linking the URL.

i.e. <a href="http://www.website.com" rel="nofollow">

Links that have the "nofollow" option enabled will not be followed, meaning they will not be recognized as backlinks.

vaneetagoswami

what if my link is not followed, should I care? Does it decrease traffic to my site? And how can I see whether the link is Follow or No Follow? Thank you in advance for your shares and thoughts!
You don't have to worry about if your link is no-follow it won't decrease your traffic. In fact all the link that you get from the social media is no-follow. You can check it by rel="no-follow" and there is plugin/extensions are available to check weather the link is follow or no-follow.

dandeedo

Dofollow tag tells robots to follow the link/Give-a-vow to the link whereas Nofollow tag tells robots not to follow / give credit to the link. You shouldn't worry about dofollow or nofollow. Mix results are great and Google prefers mixed results. You can gain traffic with nofollow though you can't get link juice.

jackluter

When the external links generated from other sites that are do follow sites then google will be crawled faster same in opposite in sense of no follow.

technogupshup

High PR no-follow link also may be good for your website/blog health. While do-follow is the follow link which is used to follow by search-engine bots and give you great result. attributes are rel="nofollow" for no-follow link.

basicblogtalk

Actually, no matter it is nofollow or dofollow. It both will give you the benefit of traffic. The dofollow the to tell that search engine that the link is voted and useful and Google will index the link and past the reputation. Nofollow is to tell the search engines that do not follow those links, but however, it is also still give the referred traffic from the link. the last is that I chrome extension and it will highlight the link with red when it is nofollow link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads