How to select the best web hosting Company?

ElixantTechnology

Well, you've already taken step one, now lets guide you the rest of the way. What kind of expectations do you have from a hosting provider?

HostNurse

The best web hosting company would be the one that can provide all of your web hosting requirements. The web hosting requirements differ from one person to another and a web hosting company that is perfect for some, can not be perfect for everyone.

Some of the things you should look for when choosing a web host are reliability, good quality support, good uptime record, features and any other factors you consider important.

ElixantTechnology

There are so many web hosting providers out ther that offer different styles of service that it can be really difficult to even recommend how to select the best web hosting company. If you're not too experienced with platforms, I would actually recommend going with a Managed Hosting Provider, as you would get a higher level of support and management. It all comes down to what your budget is. If you're looking for a provider for under $4.99/month you're going to get the exact same experience wherever you go. If you're willing to fork out the extra couple of dollars, it can really make a huge difference.

kalhost

Make sure following features included, which are ok for you.

Unlimited Disk Storage Unlimited
Unlimited Domain Hosting
Free Drag and Drop Site Builder
Free Domain Name
Support International Domain Names
POP3/POP3 Secure E-mail Support Unlimited
IMAP/Secure IMAP E-mail Support Unlimited
3 Different Webmail (Web Based E-mail) Solutions
Forwarding E-mail Accounts Unlimited
Unlimited GB of Site Transfer Unlimited
Add-on Domains Unlimited
Parked Domains Unlimited
Subdomains Unlimited
cPanel Account Control Panel
FTP Access
Web File Manager
Secure Shell (SSH) Access

ElixantTechnology

See the above list is pretty ridiculous. First off ny selecting any provider that offers unlimited anything, you are buying into a lie. There is no such thing as unlimited and most providers that offer unlimited hosting don't actually last that long and you'll be looking for a new provider very soon after selecting one of these providers. You want to look for a service provider that offers managed services, a highler level of support, excellent uptime and shows that they aren't going anywhere any time soon. You're mostly going to find Unlimited hosting being provided by one of those Kiddie hosts that you find online, started by some kid who wanted to find a way to pay for his hosting without having to pay for it...

Make sure following features included, which are ok for you.

Unlimited Disk Storage Unlimited
Unlimited Domain Hosting
Free Drag and Drop Site Builder
Free Domain Name
Support International Domain Names
POP3/POP3 Secure E-mail Support Unlimited
IMAP/Secure IMAP E-mail Support Unlimited
3 Different Webmail (Web Based E-mail) Solutions
Forwarding E-mail Accounts Unlimited
Unlimited GB of Site Transfer Unlimited
Add-on Domains Unlimited
Parked Domains Unlimited
Subdomains Unlimited
cPanel Account Control Panel
FTP Access
Web File Manager
Secure Shell (SSH) Access

TSOHost - Akin

I really need to select the best way to buy a hosting account with the best web hosting company. Please let me know one of the best hosting company and suggest it here.
This is similar to asking what the best car in the world is. It is entirely down to personal preference.

Instead of looking at a host that others have said is good, you should ideally be looking for the host that best matches your specific needs. Remember that every customer has different needs and so you will need to work out what it is that you require. Perhaps write a list in order of importance and include non-technical points such as location and price. If you can find a provider that matches your list closely, this will then be the best host for you personally, even if others disagree.

TejasWebHosting

The best hosting company to me is this,

A hosting company that has great support. This means they have a reasonable online chat response time ( <10 min ) for the simple things and good ticket response time for the more difficult items.

Now, this type of service usually isnt available from everyone. I have had an account from the one of the largest hosting companies for many years that took a serious downturn in their support responses. I let them know I wasnt happy with the support and their reply was to give me a couple of months of free service. That didnt fix the problem in my opinion so I began looking for another provider. I wasnt willing to stick around for more bad service, regardless of the price.

Here are the steps taken to find my new provider,

1) visited their sites and opened online chat requests if they were online. This was done on weekdays and weekends.

2) opened tickets requesting more info on their packages, pre-sales. This was done on weekdays and weekends.

3) reviewed their support location strategy if it was available online

4) reviewed/compared prices

Made the selection of the new company in August. Their support has been better than I could have expected and their prices are very reasonable. They are not the cheapest, but their support is very good.

So, the best hosting company in my view is one that is available to help me when I need them. I am willing to pay a fair price for this too.

I hope this helps.

ElixantTechnology

There's a rule of thumb when it comes to choosing a decent shared hosting provider.. If you're paying less than $5 per month for their smallest plan, they are going to be overselling their server. If you pay $5 per month for their smallest plan, you're going to get some decent service. More than $5, you're not only going to get good service, but the support will more than likely be at a higher level. This is of corse debatable.

Hostname.club

Sometimes we seen $7.00 per year, a huge discount to join a real nightmare :)

ElixantTechnology

$7.00 per year?!? Jeez, the day I sign up for $7/year hosting is the day that hell freezes over

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.