Set my blog's home page as a landing page?

vaneetagoswami

I am not a expert not even a good affiliate marketer. But I have some one coupon and after than I spend some amount behind it. actually I am totally new and a know a little thing about ppc. so I just want to ask you that did I set my blog's home page as a landing page?? as it's perfect in the eyes of Google and it's well indexed, popular in search engine and have some good back-links too?

wplanders

Depends on what you were trying to achieve with your blog from PPC
if it was lead capturing then you would need a direct action button/form on the landing page which will make users to quickly grasp your message and then fill out the form

also A/B split testing is a must to understand CPC and ecpm

elcidofaguy

Hi vaneetagoswami,

If your website is selling a product then generally speaking its better to have that sales page as the home page... but that's a preference.... If your site is a general blog then yes I would suggest setting the home page to be your blog page... As that way you present the latest info on your home page which keeps it fresh and further keeps G's crawlers coming back on a regular basis.... as well as users who would like to know what's new....

Regarding backlinks - be careful to only pursue ones from relevant authoritative sites and not spammy ones which will actually harm your rankings.... If you want to keep it safe then also pursue social campaigns with gaining genuine shares and likes which can bring traffic to your site... BUT note the word genuine and not paid fake ones such as likes etc which does nothing.....

I hope that helps!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.