How to choose a good domain name for your business

Rodney

Here are some tips on how to choose a good domain name for your business.

1. Most Important:

Your domain should be easy to spell and easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.

2. Avoid this:

Avoid making your domain too much the same as other domains, nor violating other trademarks

3. The “.com” domain name:

The .com domain name is the most popular, and would be difficult to find one still available. If you are going to specialize in selling in your country, use your country’s name, like .co.za for South Africa.

4. Discover or brand:

Are you going to rely on search engines? Increase your search rankings by using easy words or phrases that people would use. If you are focusing on paid search listings, then you need to create a brand that people would easily remember.

5. Just create it:

Most domain names are already taken, so create your own words. There are websites where you can find out whether your words are available or not. Your domain server will also help you.

basicblogtalk

Thanks, for sharing..! I love #3 because .com is the most interesting and all users are paying attention to .com domain. I remember, I used to access to a wrong address of a new social media network call tsu.co since I used tsu.com. Well, the most recommend is .com. Another interesting is keyword domain since it give us the bonus traffic of exactly match keyword. But However, even keyword domain is great but to make sure it is not too long.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views