Can i get money from buying and selling domain names ?

freds86

Hi guys,

is it a good way to make money from buying and selling domain names?
I am thinking if buying straight from the registrar or off of people and get money from selling them to someone needs my domains

thanks in advanced
Fred

Dopani

it's one of popular ways to earn money of bloggers and internet marketers using. You will need some tools to analysis expired domain, research keywords to find best domains...etc..got it and wait till right time and sell your domains to people who like buying for building their websites.
This requires more skills and tricks to get good domain names :)

ElixantTechnology

This can be a difficult task to take on. A lot of people take years to build connections within the industry that allow them to broker doman names, and at first you're going to end up spending a whole lot of money registering domains without selling them, that is of corse until you come across that one gold brick that stuffs your pockets.

priya_soren

Hi guys,

I am thinking if buying straight from the registrar or off of people and get money from selling them to someone needs my domains

thanks in advanced
Fred
It needs some sort on experience in what types of domains get sold or not so and understand whether a domain have been undervalued during a sale this can be tricky but if you an expert domain buyers you can find the golden nuggets out of trash.

ElixantTechnology

Most registrars will have signed a deal with companies such as SEDO, and provide them with a list of expiring domains by value, etc. They then 'reserve' the domain in the event that the owner does not renew it. Makes the industry tough to work with.

It needs some sort on experience in what types of domains get sold or not so and understand whether a domain have been undervalued during a sale this can be tricky but if you an expert domain buyers you can find the golden nuggets out of trash.

basicblogtalk

Hi guys,

thanks in advanced
Fred
Yes, I think it it would be google to build private blog network such as buy some expire domain with high authority and then working online the blog. Improve the quality of your blog and list in on flippa and forum marketing. Also, social media network. I think that you will sell your domain. I think it is great.

Carl0251

Its possible. Its also possible to land a rover on mars. Ok I might be exaggerating, but its a hard game to get into. I agree with Elixant in that most providers hold domains, making it hard to get into.

Adenan

The better way to do this is by grabbing PRed domain. Which means go get any domains that already have Google Page Rank (PR). The higher PR, the more value you can charge on that domain.

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
The problem with this is that Google Pagerank is no longer a thing, and has no benefit whatsoever. Google Pagerank has not been updated for quite some time now, and they don't expect it to be updated at all in the future. Therefore, PR has no positive effect on the value of a domain.

Traffic Ablaze

Balance and portfolio is key

Its certainly doable and I have had some success at it but its not for the drive by "let me see if this works" person. You generally have to build up quite an inventory and know what kind of in demand domains you are looking for

a) are you looking for the value of the name itself
B) are you looking for potential SEO value
C) or are you looking for domains that have traffic links

A lot of people choose "A" and buy a few domains that at the time they swear are killer but in reality no one is dying to buy off them so they can retire for life. You do better if you try to balance all the market options so you can maximize your portfolio. looking for the one hit the ball out of the ball park domain is like winning the lotto.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies