Any tips to transfer website from a old hosting to a new web hosting?

Shirley_Sharp

Could you tell me any tips to transfer website from old hosting to a new web hosting?
e.g I want to transfer from a shared web hosting(hostgator) to a new web hosting(dreamhost) for fastest and more secures
which steps I should follow?
I would be interested to transfer from a shared to a vps, it has more differences?
thanks in advanced

Hassan

Most of the providers do it for free you can ask their staff. i believe dream host have own control panel so you can manually backup files and database and transfer to new host. if you are having any problems feel free to contact me we are 24/7/365 available for help cheers.

ElixantTechnology

One thing you're going to notice moving over to DreamHost is that they are running their own control panel, which is going to make things a lot more difficult when it comes to transferring. You're going to have to manually transfer your files, update your coding for their directory structure. Next you're going to have to manually transfer your Database as well.

All of your Emails, Subdomains or any other settings you're going to have to set up manually, as there is no way for you to transfer these settings.

A couple questions, what made you decide to switch over to DreamHost? A little bit of research will show that at times their servers can be quite slow, theres a pretty big lack of support and a lot of people see compatibility issues with their platform. Was it because you found them on one of those fake top 10 host lists?

Sorry if these questions seem intrusive, a few of us are doing research on why people seem to select these hosts that are showing negative feedback, rather than taking time to do research into other more reliable providers. So far we have found the main reason people switch the companies such as DreamHost, Godaddy or HostGator are specifically because of their name, or because they were referred through an affiliate.

Now, knowing that you are switching over to Dreamhost, be sure to throw down a review on here, let us know about your experience 2-3 weeks in.

Wish you the best of luck.

Shirley_Sharp

Shirley_Sharp
I read some feedbacks from some people used dreamhost, it's better than hostagor, make websites load faster and more stable although it use their own control panel. I don't know if i need to learn how to use dreamhost control panel, may i need to switch to a new web hosting or a vps. Unmanaged vps is very difficult for using, so i should switch to a managed vps with same price as shared hosting but give me more features?
if chose a vps, transfer files and websites to a new vps is not more different?

ElixantTechnology

This can be a pretty pricey process, if you want to simplify things (and you don't have advanced knowledge of Linux Server Administration) you are going to need a Managed VPS. Now, that's a bit more pricey because the cost for cPanel and the Management get added on to the original price. So something you would normally pay $25 per month for now is $75 per month (that is if you want it configured, secured and optimized correctly).

I understand that any host is better than an EIG Owned brand. How big is your website, what kind of traffic is being driven to it? Why the sudden decision to go with a VPS? Did you know that if not configured correctly your website can load even slower on a VPS than on shared hosting?

I read some feedbacks from some people used dreamhost, it's better than hostagor, make websites load faster and more stable although it use their own control panel. I don't know if i need to learn how to use dreamhost control panel, may i need to switch to a new web hosting or a vps. Unmanaged vps is very difficult for using, so i should switch to a managed vps with same price as shared hosting but give me more features?
if chose a vps, transfer files and websites to a new vps is not more different?

Hassan

There are few things i want to know your website size, traffic and your old host probably use cPanel? after that i can advise you something good i am in hosting business since 2007 and i can tell you alot of people change dreamhost due to slow speed and lack of support.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads