Will Google PageRank Still Matter in 2015?

yunarel

Hello,

Do you think Google will update PR in 2015 or not?

Will Google PageRank Still Matter in 2015 for webmasters?

Hassan

Although the PR is important factor in SEO for Google…. But dont bother about the PR, focus about improving or increasing SERP (search engine ranking position) for your website / webpage.

ericplotz1

I am actually in a big discussion in another forum about SEO in 2015.

A pretty bright gentlemen over there dropped some pretty intellectual information on me that I have yet had the chance to sit down, open up and dive into.

I think Backlinks are going to be extremely important in 2015 and years to come. And everything now is going to be up in smoke. Why? Because google is changing their algorithms all the time. One of the biggest changes has been to the Hummingbird algorithm and conversational search.

Soon your current searches will be based off of your previous searches depending on the query asked. We are looking at the future and EVERYTHING will be voice activated. Your keywords WILL change into more conversational phrases and authority sites will probably kill you in ranking and SERPs because of prior searches.

YOu see, a person is bound to type in the name of a popular store like AMAZON before typing in the name of a website they don't know, probably due to the fact that THEY DON"T KNOW IT EXISTS. Which is why keyword ranking WAS important. BUT Most people that use key phrases when searching a product aren't savvy shoppers online and look for something general. As online shoppers become more aware of their places they usually shop at, they will just continue to go there and Google will soon show them only the results of places they previously visited.

Google has already stated that they want to focus less on keywords and more on continuing conversations.

Which brings me to what the member on the forum said.

He told me to check out the area of Computational Semiotics and gave me a list of things to study. As soon as I wrap my head around all of it, I will be back to post.

He also put me up on utilizing data aggregators the government uses instead of tools like scrapebox and such. If I thought SEO couldn't get anymore DEEP, down digs the rabbit a little more.

Last edited:

ridgley

I believe that PR is still matter even this 2015. Simply because it serve as a measuring tool of how important a website. Although Google focus on the quality of content but still PR have useful role.

elcidofaguy

Page Rank is not being updated any more and has not been for sometime... As such it is completely useless!!!

Even when PR was being updated it only ever was a small indicator.... It does not show the true trust and authority values which G places on it... At best it indicates how well established a site is - but nothing more.... For example I would never buy a site or pursue a backlink on the basis of PR... It's the last thing that I would look at these days......

In its hey day I've seen tons of sites with zero to little low quality backlinks which gained high PR (without faking it) and in the cold light of day they have zero traffic and are worthless....

Think about it... Do you really think G is going to publicly display their true trust/authority metrics??? The resulting s*** storm would be a massive in so many ways.... PR was bad enough (and still going on which is insane as its not updated anymore) - but as I'm pointing out PR has always been a smokescreen .... and to add I'm glad G has decided to get rid of it... But will it go sometime soon depends on when people will start accepting that its irrelevant and a relic of the past.........

vishwa

Forget about Pagerank. Google has stopped updating pagerank from last 2013 and intended not to be updated in future. I think we should focus on content of our site and blog.

The Overseer

Hello,

Do you think Google will update PR in 2015 or not?

Will Google PageRank Still Matter in 2015 for webmasters?
No. You should focus on the fundamentals. Keep your site's structure consistent across all pages. Add original content. Network and get your content syndicated. Keep your site secure. Keep adding pages and make your site run deep. Connect your pages together. Submit your sitemap. Build relevant and organic backlinks through syndication. Authority is definitely a major SEO signal, especially in Google's eyes. Having your content published on large websites will no doubt give your website a large amount of "juice". So start networking with A-Listers and getting more publicity. Hell, as terrible as the Huff Post is or BuzzFeed, if you get content featured there, you're going to see a major spike in your rankings, as well as traffic. Although Google is pretty secretive about their algorithms and signals...there is a lot of evidence that they're placing a lot of emphasis on "authority" and "power".

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.