Linode vs DigitalOcean vs Amazon AWS?

socialagency

Did anyone used vps from these providers (Linode vs DigitalOcean vs Amazon AWS) please give me any reviews, which provider I should choose?
what are the advantage/disadvantage from them ?
Do you know any fast VPS around $10 monthly, would recommend me one?

Hassan

Dont go for Linode last night one of their vps client moved to my company bcoz he is not getting resources allocated to him.

ElixantTechnology

Linode: Been around for quite some time. Has been seeing a lot of issues on some of their servers due to overcrowding. Also some complaining about lack of support.

DigitalOcean: Sure, it's cool that these guys built their own control panel and all, but I've seen quite a few horror stories in regards to DigitalOcean. I've never actually ordered a node from these guys so I can't give you any information about the performance that they offer, unfortunately.

Amazon: Unless you've got the know-how and are running a pretty large application, it's not really advised to go with Amazon. Great platform, no complaints whatsover, just unless you know what you're doing, you're in for a lot of issues.

Reactions: socialagency

Alex_smith

Alex_smith
I bought a VPS $10 a month at DigitalOcean for testing before uploading my blogs to it but I must disappoint because my blogs ran very slowly and I required refund and move to a new VPS provider. Honestly I bought 3 different VPS to test my websites before deciding to buy the best one.

boognish

socialagency, what is your knowledge level of managing a VPS? If you're not experienced yet you might want to go for a managed VPS, although the cost will be much higher per month.

Last edited:
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies