Facebook page promotion problem

Siservices

I have a facebook page about 2 month old. And I am posting 2 post a day on alternate basis and sharing others posts as well. But when I thought to promote the page through creating an ad, I am unable to do that. It is showing there is some unusual activity going on and thus I need to verify the account first to get the benefit. I have not done anything that can harm my reputation socially. What can I do to make things work for me? Please help.

elcidofaguy

FB a while back changed the way posts are shared with regards to who likes your pages and its organic reach... It used to be everyone who liked your page would see updates on their walls - hence the millions poured into gaining likes by large companies and corporations... However that has changed significantly and I believe organic reach is at around 10-20% at best...

The reason is simply down to the fact FB wants your cash for ads... They now listed on the stock exchange and it makes sense that they now need to satisfy shareholders above all else.... So with that said should you want to promote your page then you need to be using ads/promoted posts....

So If I was you I would verify your account...

You may need to even send a scanned image of your drivers license and passport (you can hide the id numbers) as that happened to me when I first started using FB ads... Is it worth it...??? Well that's another story as making money through FB ads is way different to Adwords - given people are not actively seeking something and are less likely.. what has worked for me is to use it for list building and over time using that to make sales....

Good luck!

Reactions: Tommy

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
Have you had any luck with conversions on FB ads? I think the conversion rate is terrible nowadays. 2 years ago I could use FB scrapers, scrape FB emails, and run campaigns for custom audiences and get conversions. Now, 00000000 conversions!!!

I have been questioning my marketing abilities, because of the ad networks.

This month, I ran FB ads for a tee spring campaign. Scraped a custom audience of 200k targeted people, from The Walking Dead FB group.

Designed some cool Zombie t-shirts and fan t-shirts.

Made ads in photoshop.

fb zombie tee ad.jpg

Just an example. Of one of them. I made 4 ads for each t-shirt.

The CTR on some of these was as high as 12%! 12% and no conversions? GTFOH

I've done waaaaaaay better in the past! This is junk and I am really beginning to take heed to this video

[URLnf=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUbbhY-NqmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUbbhY-NqmE[/URLnf]

Pretty gnarly stuff!

So I tell clients from here on out that FB campaigns are strictly for branding purposes and online reputation management. If you're looking for anything other then inflating your page with likes, then you can forget about it (in my mobster voice).

Reactions: elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Bloody hell man I wanna buy one!!! Looks awesome!

Yeah totally agree FB is naff when it comes to direct sales.... I thought I was losing my mind when it start biting hard into my wallet.... hence change in direction with list building only...

I was thinking of implementing a t-spring campaign but I'm going to forget that one.... One thing for sure FB is killing it when it comes to its revenues - but at the same time as suspected most advertisers are not...

I've wasted enough money attempting direct sales that in the end the only thing I could get any form of ROI is on list building.... and that is a long process... I've begun tracking optins based on referring pages using PHP on my landing pages to capture that info with adding it to subscriber hidden fields - so will be able to assess if this is worth it in the long run .....

If those f**** don't give me my money back I'm tempted to send them an image of a zombie and with a warning lol..... ;-)

Nice one.... Especially the mobster voice!

Nytshade

Same thing happened to me, use this link to contact facebook: [URLnf="https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/531795380173090"]Here[/URLnf]

Follow the simple steps and your ads will be activated. Someone once hacked my account and after changing the password ads were deactivated and that link helped me resolve the problem.

I think it's good that facebook deactivate ads when someone hacks an account to protect your financial details.

NickTheMusketeer

Hey ericplotz. Why not buy iPage hosting for a discounted price ($21 for 1 year) and receive $100 Bing Ads Coupon, $50 Facebook Ads Coupon and $100 Google AdWords Coupon ?

You will definitely save money, get hosting and domain name and be able to efficiently promote a website for just $21.

LarryGriffeth

You have an account and you want to promote your page then you put your question in right place because i have a solution for your problem. You just go and check [Removed By Moderator] this will really help you to get rid of this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies