how to SEO for categories and subcategories on your site?

freds86

I often do SEO for my homepage and main pages on my site instead of doing SEO for categories and subcategories hence them are not good rankings on SERPs.

I'd like to know how to SEO for categories and subcategories on my site?
Is it more different from doing SEO for homepage or main web pages?

thank in advanced.
Fred

ericplotz1

It depends what CMS you use.

In wordpress you can actually set meta descriptions for each one of your categories, subcategories, tags, etc. You cna even have your categories set up as individual pages. There are so many plus's to using wordpress I couldn't even imagine listing them all.

NickTheMusketeer

Hey Fred.

Before I provide a direct answer to your question, please hear me out. SEO isn't a magic thing that is going to bring you many visitors. By 'doing SEO' (Search Engine Optimization) you have to take under consideration everything that will work as an asset for you in order to efficiently promote your website whilst rank it higher.

Therefore, here is the answer; in order to optimize your website's ranking for a search engine like Google, you have to make sure that people know about your website. Especially for your categories, what you have to do is to add tags and SEO-friendly links. Your website's sub-categories will definitely be ranked as long as people show interest in your website.

memme

You should always point links to your root domain and to your inner pages aswell. this is necessary to avoid a google penalty.
So not only seo is a reason to build backlinks to inner sites, avoiding penalty, too.
Cheers

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.