Where to buy good SEO ebooks?

Alex_smith

Hi folks,
I'm going to update my knowledge on SEO for 2015, so I thought about buying a SEO ebook, maybe from Amazon, or CB
I want ebook cover all lastest SEO techniques, around 150 pages and any real examples from its authors. :)
Do you suggest me best place to buy a SEO ebook or I should do SEO with a real website to get experience from it.
What are the better plans?

NickTheMusketeer

Hello Alex_smith,

I would recommend you not to buy SEO eBooks since all techniques are publicly available. All it takes is just 1 full day's research on the Internet to find out how to properly optimize your search engine ranking.

Moreover, there is a free guide that was published recently that covers a lot of things about SEO. Click [URLnf="http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo"]here [/URLnf]to read it.

elcidofaguy

My inclination is to agree with that given most books on the topic of SEO only ever touch on whitehat methods or are somewhat outdated... But saying that the web is also cluttered with outdated advice, some of which will harm your site.... or snake oil salesman, gurus and the like peddling their one click wonders...

So in all its not a bad idea to spend a few bucks on the basic stuff if you're starting out... I would look into how to perform a detailed SEO audit on-page and off-page as a start (not using online tools to generate one) and look for books/info that cover that.... as that will give you a much deeper understanding of G's algo.... Lets say if you can write up a detailed audit report at about 50+ pages jammed packed with tests, observations, recommendations etc then you're there!!! Its sounds like a lot but then again G's algo has ~200 ranking factors (most of which are minor)... Bottom line - If you want to learn SEO beyond that of an amateur then you need to know how to do a detailed SEO audit....

For the advanced stuff you've got to roll your sleeves and just do stuff with learning through observation with tracking data being the key here... You need to keep up to date with G's algo updates and scour the web which will help you understand these... The learning never stops and at some point you'll begin to form your own understanding of G's algo..

I'm a programmer by background and as such I have a tendency to think on the lines of how easy or difficult it is for G's algo to detect stuff (positive/negative)... For me its about keeping your footprints to a minimum with keeping under G's radar... and making things look organic... Lets be blunt if you're into SEO then you're also into gaming the serps lol....

Ruesnam

Hello,
You can find interesting content about SEO in affiliation marketpace. Authors have experience in SEO.
However, if you have a minimum knowledge in web development, or confortable with CMS, you can get familiar with SEO and learn by yourself quite easily.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
So you prefer learning SEO by directly doing it on websites instead of learning through SEO ebooks?
I tried both and found more useful info in ebooks, learning from ebooks is a thing you should not ignore.

Kesilery89

You can try with eBay and Amazon for a good seo eBooks. I think this is the most great idea to learn from online by seeing tutorials.

meomeo031

Hi

1. Google Webmaster Tools Help support.google.com/webmasters

In fact it can answer most of your questions on Google and SEO, which I believe is usually underrated and ignored by people.

2. SEO Fast Start by Dan Thies seofaststart.com

Best light-weighted no-bs SEO book. It may not make you an "advanced" SEO but can definitely help you streamline your SEO process.

Written in 2009 but still one of the best books today - the reason is simple: there is no bs, and every word counts.

3. Introduction to Information Retrieval nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/information-retrieval-book.html

If you want to make SEO as career, I recommend you reading this information retrieval book from Stanford some day.

And after reading this book, you will know what subjects are related to the modern search technologies, and can find more materials yourself.

FreebieBoy34

Hi there! There are actually a lot of websites offering great books about SEO, but if you want to start at a familiar place then I would suggest Amazon. I've bought a couple of books there already and their payment and shipping options are well-suited for my needs...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.