Other than money what motivates you?

elcidofaguy

Well I think its about time I posted a thread...

One of the things that IM'ers struggle with is motivation and avoiding the pitfalls of falling into procrastination... Or the simple worry of failure...

Hence one of the things I do is to remind myself why I'm into all of this stuff in the first place in order to keep motivated on days when its just hard to do so...

So lets get the ball rolling.... For me its about not wanting to work the 9-5 grind, to have flexible hours with being around my wife and kid... to have the time to do stuff that I want to and when I want to... in sum described in one word - time...

That said the biggest thing motivating me right now is that I have a second kid on the way and with that the endless worries that come with it lol.... :help:

When it comes down to it - I don't think money is the best motivator... It helps of course but that said there is much more to life than that.... So what motivates you???

NickTheMusketeer

Other than money the next most important thing that motivates me is earning as much as possible in order to give as much as possible to poor people and other people who are in need of money.

Another thing that really motivates me is the experience gain every time I start a marketing campaign.

Nytshade

A great thread my friend. Money is not the "main reason" why I'm into internet marketing. Like you, I don't want a 9 to 5 job, actually I've never had a job since I graduated in 2009. Thank God I found out about making money online while I was still in school.

But my biggest why, is my family. Not just my kid and baby-mama but extended family as well and they always look up to me so I try as hard as possible to help them build a better future.

So my family motivates me :)

Reactions: elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Nice one and wishing you much motivation and success as with all here on this forum!

Here is one of my secret weapons to stay motivated - 100 motivational tips (audio book) by Steve Chandler... You can find it on Youtube as shown below... I refer to it every once in a while and after listening to it for a bit I'm all pumped up lol.... Well it sure works for me.... What's interesting is that none of the 100 tips refers to money as a motivator.... Another great motivator is to listen/read to Napoleon Hill's keys to success...

BTW - The below version is slightly annoying with the moving images as it distracts from audio... there's quite a few versions of this on YT....

That aside lets keep the ball rolling with asking the question "what motivates you other than money...."... hopefully we can create a great resource page to keep us all motivated ;-)

GeekGoddess

Other than money, it's the writing thing that motivates me. To become the best writer the world has ever known.

ElixantTechnology

Other than money, the only thing that motivates me is knowledge. With the experience and knowledge that I gain from the things that I do, I can use it to be the best at what I do. In the end, if I am the best at what I do, I will make more money. People can say time and time again that they aren't motivated by money, but everything that they say that might motivate them otherwise, always is done with the intentions of making money or making it possible to make money. "All hail money."

Reactions: elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Hahaha nice one! All roads some how leads to money lol... Getting there with your ambition, passions and motivation is something else... Here's a great tune that comes to mind which might motivate others and hopefully put a smile on your face ;-)

Epic

Money never been my motivation, being able to do what I like and to enjoy doing it is a motivation for me.

Still, don't get me wrong, money is important :p

Hyuga

Money are just paper, we earn money because we need them, but they are no motivation for me. Family comes first, they are my motivation.

northmail

Other than money, what motivates me is the idea that I learn and people learn from me. Also, the workplace is a place where you can meet new people who share your interests and the things you love doing. Lastly, the fact that I am able to support my family also motivates me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hostlumina

For me... My family which in turn it has a trickle effect to my work and everyday choices. Making the right choices + accomplishments keep me in full motivation for the next minute, hour, day, week, month, year, etc... :)

MikePNV

I am my biggest motivator. I want things and so therefore I am willing to work hard to get them. My family also helps to motivate me.

I have been marketing online since 2003, and my motivating factor has always been "Freedom"

Freedom from a boss
Freedom to go on vacation when and where I want
Freedom to spend more time with my family and friends
Freedom from financial stress
Freedom from all debt

I love working when I want from home, I live in Northern Minnesota, and one of the greatest feelings is in the winter, to wake up knowing I do not have to leave my house to go to work , when it is 50 below 0 F, and trudge through 4 feet of snow. I love watching the cars pass by through my window, it makes me just smile, and know it was sure worth it to stay the course even when it was difficult!!

nidhish01

The thing that motivates me after money is the joy of spreading knowledge to someone who lacks it.

Greylin

Being able to do something I enjoy and being able to be home with my kids motivates me.

irichard

I like writing and my family motivates me. To me, being open minded and helping people.

FreebieBoy34

Money is always an effective motivator no matter what... But other than that, the thought of being involved with your dream job/project as well as the fact that I'm working hard for my children also motivates me to do my job well each and every day...:)

olaryeankarh

Passion motivates me so hard. I am the flexible type that learns to appreciate new stuff depending on where I am or what I do. Somehow, I am able to find something I care truly about (to do or to explore). But basically, technology and my loved ones have been constant.
When I am bored or overly tired of something, I reach out to the people I love and we hang out. Other times, I appreciate technology in one way or the other.
So in essence, passion motivates me a lot. I get back on my feet with so much enthusiasm!

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies