How good is your Sales Copy?

aemathenge

The Sales Copy Foundation

I have just finished working on a Sales Copy for a client. While I was conducting research for the copy, I found out two basic traits about a Sales Copy and thought it would be good to share with you and also seek your opinion. How good is the Sales Copy on your Website?

It should be about Worth Proposal

Your Sales Copy’s Worth Proposal covers the promise of exactly what you are offering your client. Promise to make them happier, more productive or healthier. It is identifying the problem your client is experiencing, the hassle they are going through or the pain points they are suffering then taking these all away. This should be at a price comfortable to both of you.

In other words, you have to define exactly who your client is. You have to understand what your service can do to make them feel great. You have to learn the problems you can assist your client overcome. You need to find out what are their objections to buying the solution from you and not your competitor.

Is your Worth Proposal unique?

Unique Selling Points are worth proposals so special that no one else offers the same. Big enterprises need to figure out and take a USP in order to position their product or service differently from their competitors.

On the other hand, as a small business, you are the USP of your business. Your clients will choose to work with you because they know you, they trust you, they like you. With these, you shall not require any other extra-ordinary selling point.

To get into such a position, exceed your client’s expectations. Focus upon the value you give your clients. Your personality has got to shine through so that your clients get to know, trust and love you. The rest will follow.

What are your thoughts? Please share with us.

elcidofaguy

Hi Aemathenge!

Nice post! Indeed that's great advice to get into the mind of your target customer with understanding their pain points... Once done you can then identify the benefits of your product or service which helps with that.... Note there is a big difference between features and benefits!!!

Nobody really cares about features, its more do with whats in it for me attitude from visitors... in other-words how you are helping people - Benefits!!!

A good example I came across went something like this (from the top of my head lol)....

Feature: This mp3 player has 10Gb of memory, latest processor blah blah.... boring!!!
Benefit: With this mp3 player you can carry hundred thousand songs in your pocket!

Now that's a benefit! ... and as you stated with USPs that's what its all about.... Figure out those benefits and USPs and put them into your sales copy!!!

Cheers,

Sid

aemathenge

Interesting perspective you put there @Elcidofaguy.

Do you mind if we do this practically and in the process help one of our brothers?

You have identified Benefits and not Features. I have suggested Worth Proposals and USP.

How well has this Sales Copy in another thread performed?

Please note that this is not a criticism but an invitation to you and all our members to learn something new as well as help a brother make a Sale!

elcidofaguy

Yeah I had a quick look and my even quicker read-out is that its definitely heading in the right direction... Gets my vote... That said here are my thoughts:

1) Its not clear which affiliate network the product is on... a minor point which maybe worth outlining if applicable.
2) That's a great idea to offer prizes for affiliates... If not already I would create an affiliate support page which provides banners, email swipes etc...
3) Its also good to capture affiliate emails (but depending on affiliate platform you can get access to that such as on JVZoo which allows for manual approval)... With that you can also provide additional support to affiliates with helping them to promote your products e.g. offer voucher discounts, download videos or free bonuses that they can give away.... So that's definitely the way to go in addition to building a launch list for potential customers on the home page!

In addition and not knowing the background to the launch - My approach to launching is as follows:
1) Pre-pre launch: Put out your idea and build an initial list.
2) Pre-launch: develop beta product - give out review copies for testimonials (use these for your sales letter on release day)... Use your list to build up excitement with anticipated launch... Start advertising on forums, related websites, FB etc....
3) Launch day! Start out with a discount or dimesale....

Wishing much success on that!

edsonbuchanan

Sales copy is a very interesting topic. The best advice I can give is what has already been talked about. Everyone wants to know whats in it for me. Sometimes even a crappy product can have huge success just because of the sales copy. For me personally breaking it down right at the start seems to give a better conversion rate. For instance..."Learn blah blah blah in three simple steps" Subheadline: I make blah blah blah every single month from this simple method.

Right away the viewer knows that it does not take much to set up and see results and they know that I use what I teach. followed by the story and benefits. oh one last thing, I always add a payment button right after the subheadline as the impulse buyers are already to buy.

aemathenge

@elcidofaguy, I am reading three Sales Copies here.

That is one each for Pre-Pre Launch, Pre-Launch and Launch day.

Did I read that right?

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy

Yes indeed that's more or less right... I wouldn't exactly call the first two sales copies, but the last one yes... With this approach its about building up an audience prior to launch day... versus just launching and finding that nobody is there on opening day....

coffeediva

I have studied sales copy extensively and I have to say it is very interesting. You need to get your head into the mind if the customer for sure and there are definitely some emotional triggers that need to be included with all sales copy. I just wonder now how many people are just skimming over the sales copy. There is some great software out there that can give you a heatmap to see what the customers are reading. Where they linger and where they skim. After a while you can see some quite distinctive patterns so you then know where to put your most read sales copy that is most convincing and hits the right emotional triggers to make your prospect buy
Also a note that people are using native landing pages more and more which alos is a form of sales copy. If you learn this skill well you will never be without an income
I also agree that it is important to warm up your audience and this is the reason why people use those 4 part video sales letters
Thanks for the informative post

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.