Facebook is Offline (As is Instagram)

ElixantTechnology

For the first time in a very long time, both Facebook and Instagram aren't online and aren't functioning. Starting to wonder what it is I should do with myself! (Only kidding, however the two websites really are offline)

ElixantTechnology

I would laugh SO hard if the US was taking the Megaupload route in regards to Facebook. However, this I know will not happen.

The Overseer

I noticed that too! I thought it was something with my browser or computer or internet or paranoia. There's blizzard is happening right now so I thought that might have done something with my network. But thanks to you, I know that it's not my imagination or computer/network.

Are we under attack!? lol jk

I'm overtired. Time for bed.

TinPete

For the first time in a very long time, both Facebook and Instagram aren't online and aren't functioning. Starting to wonder what it is I should do with myself! (Only kidding, however the two websites really are offline)
I am wondering a big site like that could be offline, which type of hosting they are using?
A datacenter?

ElixantTechnology

The entire Facebook website utilizes an entire datacenter. Not just a couple of servers that they have purchased through a reseller or have colocated somewhere.

Hassan

Facebook currently leases space in about six different data centers in Silicon Valley, located in Santa Clara and San Jose, and at least one in San Francisco. The company has also leased space in three wholesale data center facilities in Ashburn, Virginia. Both Santa Clara and Ashburn are key data center hubs, where hundreds of fiber networks meet and connect, making them ideal for companies whose content is widely distributed.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views