3 Tips to Help You Succeed in Freelancing Career

johnyplex

Do you want to be a freelancer and make a good income, and may even live with that? There are some tips for those planning to go this way:

1 - Focus on one type of service
Many freelancers try to do a bit of everything, but in the end end up doing all the services of dubious quality. The ideal is to specialize in one area to produce a quality work and thus good fruit harvest in the future.

2 - Meet deadlines
often a freelancer want to have, as a differential, the delivery of their work significantly in advance of the deadline given by the customer, and that's good. But in some cases the contractor makes promises of unrealistic deadlines, impossible, damaging it for failing to comply with it or to finish on time, but with bad quality to have in a hurry to finish the job.

3 - Do not give up
The Career beginning of a freelancer is never easy! No experience and, in some cases, without training, the chances of receiving a job offer are low, and can be frustrating for some people. Persistence is key in these cases, because after getting some work (and completing the same quality and within the desired timetable), the number of customers interested in their services only tend to grow!

Were you a freelancer and what things made you succeed in this industry?
I would like to hear new extra tips on this problem

Regards,
John

elcidofaguy

Hi John,

That's a great post ;-)

Just to add - I think its also important to market yourself as its a crowded place online... So every little helps with getting noticed ... I would:

1) Create Youtube videos outlining your service, the benefits etc... Also use that to highlight your portfolio as well as give back some helpful tips and advice (as that helps with perceived authority on a subject)... After all Youtube is the second biggest search engine....

2) As with above I would also market my service through a blog on my site... With informative articles which show case portfolio, the type of work done as well as discussing the subject area.. Also important is to show testimonials etc... Rinse and repeat with adding this to social media platforms....

3) I also think freelancers should not just commit to one platform for services... Signup to many different ones - as well as placing that all important "buy now" button on your website.... Also offer discounts etc for those who purchase through your own website as well as for people whom may sign up to your newsletter....

4) I would also invest some funds into ads e.g. adwords, FB and on related forums... With ads you need to be careful - but if done right you can achieve a nice ROI for your investment... and it gets you noticed quickly....

5) Finally offer discounts for word or mouth referrals to existing clients and..... advertise your services off-line... Yep you can place ads on newspapers, magazines etc...

On that note best of luck!

Cheers,

Sid

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.