Work at home jobs for moms?

Shirley_Sharp

Hi,
I want to ask which jobs are suitable for moms?
and how moms find jobs for them to work online?
Pls give me your advice :)

elcidofaguy

Hi Shirley,

There's quite a few things that you could do online, so here is a quick run down:

1) Freelancing - such as being an article writer, graphics designer, website design, recording videos, audio... Go and have a look at the various free lancing websites and you'll see the many types of work which you could be doing....

2) You could also develop your own information product and sell it online... Its not easy to do that... but if you do so I would recommend that you offer an affiliate program with paying commissions....

3) In addition you could also set-up your own blog, write lots of great content and over time monetize it with the above points or through displaying ads such as adsense as well as being an affiliate with promoting products for commission...

First thing I would ask yourself is what are your passion, interests and what are the things which can do well... and then to examine which things can fit into that....

On that note best of luck!

Sid

Joseph Mancia

There is nothing stopping a mom from choosing any of the many ways to earn a living online.

NaturalWriter

Being a mother of a very active 5yr old, I find working online compliments my part-time earnings in health care. I have actually been discussing with Hipcat (my better half & member) leaving my career and solely going online, as the flexibility is great! Particularly since I have my own clientele, plus I have many other projects that both Hipcat and I work on together.

Freelancing is really good, and doesn't require one speciality, meaning you can specialize in many different things which can earn you more money. You can learn to sell different products or merchandize. If you are awesome at time management, you could do a little bit of everything, which is what we do.

In saying that you would need to learn everything you possibly can about working online. Narrow things down to what you would like to work on first. What I would do is start a blog under your own domain. This way it would be yours and owned by no one else. Get the basics about how to manage your own blog.

If you want, you can throw some affiliate banners up of some Amazon products, or Click bank products, etc. Get some content on your blog, just keep it in context to what you are wanting to sell (service/products).

Once you have learned and implemented the basics. The harder part is the marketing. Marketing will take a huge chunk of time to master, as you will join a lot of forums, ask a lot of questions and you will get tired of reading, but it's worth it. Getting your first order will be a milestone!

It is HARD work, and it takes time to get there... But once you're there, it's a nice feeling. Now... Don't quit your day job thinking you'll get paid in the hundreds everyday because it doesn't work that way. This is something that can compliment your current wages, as it takes a long time to get established, plus it works the same as commission. Some months you'll do good, others not so much.

I really like the flexibility! Hipcat solely works online with no other income, and he says the same as me! My son loves the fact of how I'm not living at the hospital, by working overtime all of the time. It's a great fit for all of us!

Regards,
Naturalwriter

NaturalWriter

For sure!

Hey Shirley, U Can Create A BLOG about MOMS To Monetize With Adsense :)
This Is Tremendous Powerful And Lucrative!!

All The Best For You! See Ya!!
Sure she could! But... This is SUPER saturated.
Shirley, if this is the direction you want to go, check for what we call " parked domains", sometimes in a parked domain (a domain/or sometimes website that hasn't been renewed) you may find ones that would be viewed as an "authority site" with all kinds of natural back links to it. There are several that I'm considering to get just for that reason, plus for personal reasons I feel the need to blog, just to get things off my chest.

Mommy blogs are saturated, but with great blogging and having products to sell on the side and with VIGOROUS marketing, you'll be alright. When you've hit that wall of frustration, voice it here, we're here for you, or private message me when you need to vent. Venting will help you see clearly, and come up with new ideas for products or marketing... You'll even start to re-think the ones that you thought were rediculous at a different angle.

You can do it, IF you put your mind to it.

Another small tip, but only implement it when you are comfortable with having your own blog... NEVER put all your eggs in one basket. Have more than one site and one different servers. This way if a server is down temporarily for maintenance, or if Google cans one because of a recent update, it gives you another to fall back on. You may wish to have multiple websites, specializing in multiple product/services. This is what Hipcat and I do. We have many websites. Their purposes are all different, not one is the same. We even run an adult forum...lol that's interesting...lol

Thank you for asking this question!
Finally there's something I can relate to....lol

Regards,
Naturalwriter

edsonbuchanan

In my opinion this is a really hard question to answer. Everyone can tell you how they make money online or what has worked for them but without knowing anything about you, it would seem almost impossible to lead you to a good starting point. The first you should is introduce yourself and then start talking about you like to do and what you are looking to accomplish online.

There are so many ways to make money online your question is going to lead to while most people fail! Information overload...

Content by Rhonda

All the post are really great. When I first started my writing business it wasn't as busy as it is today so I started purchasing used books at thrift stores and selling them on Amazon. The money is so good I still go out one day a week and source books and other products I can get a good deal on. I make great money and it gets me away from the writing desk for a while. I find this helps me enjoy writing for my clients a lot more and working on my own writing projects.

ClassifiedWarrior

Hi,
I want to ask which jobs are suitable for moms?
and how moms find jobs for them to work online?
Pls give me your advice :)
What exactly are your skills? There are so many opportunities, not just for woman but for anyone looking to make a living in internet marketing. Freelancing has become a big part of people switching from that 9-5 job to adjusting with being your own boss.

Try listing some things that you are good at, then figure out price points for which you could sell these services at. Create a good looking website and start networking. I can't express how important networking can be. Finding the right people can make working for yourself so much easier.

Sekumar

Affiliate marketing

I don't know if the WAHM's website is any good but they have been helping work at home moms for some time. Might want to check that out.
Affiliate marketing is the easiest way to make money online, just by promoting products and devices for commissions
Some programs have downline builders where you earn even by efforts of others over and over again

nkthen

If you have the skills or the looks, you can actually offer services at Fiverr.

I have hired ladies who have the looks to do a video introduction and they take only 10 minutes to record and upload to me. Though the payment is only $5 but hey $5 for a 10 minutes job is not bad. Imagine you have 10 jobs a day and it takes you the max 100 minutes.

If you have the flair in writing, etc. try offer your services. You'll be surprise how popular your service can be. :)

kevinarndale

One of the best ways to earn money online is to write contents/articles. Now there are 2 ways to do that:
1) Write articles for businesses and they will pay you as per number of words that you have written. Or you may be charged on hourly basis. You need to have a PayPal account for this.
2) Create your own blog about a topic that you know best/that you feel best you can write. Sign up for a domain name (a catchy name), choose a theme and create your blog. Once your blog becomes popular, you are going to get paid through Adsense.

However, on both these occasions, you need to have good writing skills and need to do some research on the topic you are writing.

drastic

make a blog about being a mom. i've seen a few that are pretty cool.

the best part about it is that you can share the articles to all your mom friends on facebook/twitter and they'll share it with their mom friends.

heck, i may just do that myself, even though i'm a man. daddy blog LOL

oldnickb

Depends what you are looking for. As several people have mentioned it's quite easy to find things you can offer on Fiverr that can be done very quickly. Some of the things that sell are crazy, like having your message spelt out in alphabet spaghetti.

Problem is providing services is just creating your own online job. Some weeks can be terrific, others not so. I did it for years and it paid the bills.

What you should be doing is learning how to generate traffic. Truly that is the only thing you need to master. Once you have then you can earn an ever increasing amount simply by pointing the traffic at an offer that has been proven to convert.

Can be an affiliate offer, CPA which is similar but you are getting paid just for getting somebody to provide their email for a freebie, or even to your own product which could be a case study of how you generated $x using CPA or whatever you have done.

People try to overcomplicate internet marketing. Yes of course you need to track test and refine your methods but at the end of the day it all boils down to traffic + a decent offer = cash.

ultimateseo

Content writing through oDesk or a similar website would suit you I think, everyone is good at creative stuff I think. Have a go with that sure, why not? you must be quick at thinking while typing though. Eventually you can build a portfolio and charge higher rates.

gdevpro

I think you can make a blog that contains about family or kid, such as parenting, recipe, etc and monetizing with adsense, or you can be a free writer in any blog. Wish you luck :)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads