Pros and Cons of joining an Ad Network?

dreck

Hi folks,

I have a new website with decent traffic and I'm thinking about making money with it, the first thing is join an Ad Network.
But I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of joining Ad Networks? or I should find other alternatives
Anyone tried, give me an advice how to succeed with ad networks

Thanks in advanced!

Nytshade

The only disadvantages are that you will not have full control of the Ads, most Ads won't be related to your content and it will look like spam to your website visitors. It can also be hard to get approved in an ad network.

In most ad networks you need to be getting a lot of traffic, minimum of 100 000 pageviews (not unique visitors) per month. Those are the disadvantages.

The advantages are that you have little work or no work to do once you're approved. So it's less work, more money. And they get you all the deals, you don't have to search or contact advertisers.

hpisback

Also need help.

The only disadvantages are that you will not have full control of the Ads, most Ads won't be related to your content and it will look like spam to your website visitors. It can also be hard to get approved in an ad network.

In most ad networks you need to be getting a lot of traffic, minimum of 100 000 pageviews (not unique visitors) per month. Those are the disadvantages.

The advantages are that you have little work or no work to do once you're approved. So it's less work, more money. And they get you all the deals, you don't have to search or contact advertisers.
Yes it is true by the way i am also having a site [Removed by Moderator] can you suggest me something to do so that i can earn money fast and easy.

Nytshade

Nytshade
I have just removed your website link as it's violating the forum rules.

There are tons of ways you can earn money with your website. You can use affiliate marketing, contextual ads, offer sponsored posts/reviews, build an email list, ask for donations, sell ad space etc.

If you search the forum you'll find a lot of good posts about how you can earn money with your website.

Hassan

The Pros
You can earn well in very short time you dont have to put much efforts as compared to private advertising.

The Cons
You dont have full control over ads when you are with ad network It Can Be Difficult to Get In With Ad Networks.

ruskii

if you are getting lots of traffic definitely join ad network

drastic

drastic
slightly disagree. if you can sell directly to someone, then you can cutt out the middle man, make more money, and possibly offer the buyer a cheaper ad.

win win for buyer/seller if they can find a way to connect.

talukdar

The Pros: Less Time, More Money

Unlike private advertising, you do very little legwork once you join an ad network. Set up the space, sign a contract, and wait for the money to come in. It’s that simple! Additionally, you could potentially earn more money advertising with an ad network. If your site is young or still relatively unknown, an ad network might be able to negotiate a much higher rate for an ad than you can alone.

Undoubtedly, networks have more contacts and time available to secure deals than you do alone, as well a team of experts to program in-depth data tracking and frequency caps and into your ad space. So unless you are particularly tech-savvy, an ad network can bring you better technology, improved targeting, and a wider reach of contacts.

The Cons: Getting in and Giving Up Control

The best ad networks often have a long waiting list to join, so even if you decide you want in, you might not be able to actually get in for some time. And once you do join, you immediately give up some control over your own website. Many ad networks wont let you have a voice in what content is posted on your site, and if you see ads you feel are inappropriate, not every network is quick about ending the campaigns quickly (if they will at all).

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.